TC for AFD 80-200 F2.8 (tripod collar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

hi, just wondering what kind of TC can i use for the above lens. would the AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E work? heard varying opinions on this so hope to get a definitive reply.

also would my third party lenses (tokina or tamron) worh with a nikon TC?

cheers!

grey colour latest edition kenkopro 2x. tcw got.

Agreed with Clive, the Kenko Pro 300 2x works well. I've tried it on both the 2-touch (tripod collar) and 1-touch ED versions.

Heck, I've even put that TC on a Sigma 170-500, f/5-6.3 ! And believe it or not, it does AF, though veerrrryyyy ssllloooowwwwllllyyy :) ... faster to put it on MF and do the focussing myself. On this combination, on the long end, you get 1500mm on a DSLR body ...

The Kenko Pro 300 1.4x and 2x would work. A friend was using the 2x yesterday with the Nikon 80-200 F2.8.

i was using Teleplus 2x MC7 with my 80-200 lens it works great, but there is some CA.

:)

everyone seems to recommend the kenko pro. howmuch is it btw? :p 2x and 1.4x
tks!!!

TCW = The Camera Workshop in Peninsular

The other question I don't know the answer :bsmilie:

Hua Luo Han said:
and is the Tamron 2X Pro the same as the Kenko 2X Pro ?

:dunno:

i have never seen the tamron 2x before...dunno if its rare in sg? but i think they should not be the same thing ;-) anyway the kenkopro latest edition 2x goes for about $300+ sgd

Hua Luo Han said:
paiseh, i newbie....... wats tcw ?

and is the Tamron 2X Pro the same as the Kenko 2X Pro ?

:dunno:

Popular opinion at www.nikonians.com seems to be that the Tamron and Kenko teleconvertors are the same thing under different packaging. The Tamron one is more expensive than the Kenko at B&H though... so I'm not sure if we are paying for the name or for a different teleconvertor.

not sure if this info here helps with wat's being discussed, here's a quote from this website :
http://www.nikonlinks.com/lenstest.html

"Note the Tamron PRO converters are identical to the Kenko Pro 300 converters. They are the same product, with a different label. These new converters can be identified by the markings SPAF (Tamron) or "Pro"(Kenko) on the case. All comments here about the Tamron converter, will apply equally to the corresponding Kenko item."

Status
Not open for further replies.