Taxi Ride to Sim Lim

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITdata

Jun 17, 2007
Something to share.

I could not get a cab during peak hour from Funan to SLS. Then I overheard a couple 1st in the taxi queue telling the taxi driver that they are going SLS hence without 2nd thought I went up to ask to share a cab from Funan to SLS. On the way, I realised the couple is from Phillipines and they are looking for phone and cameras. They asked for my advice where to get it. I told them to get a copy of Star Retailer List, visit stated stores and also advise them to be careful on the pricing, not to be affect by the sales persons' advises and get from more freebies. Alternatively, I also advise them to visit Audio House as they have 7 days money back guarantee so anything wrong they can always go back to get a full refund. Audio House is also CaseTrust certified and recently just awarded "Excellence Service 2007" by STB. As a Singaporean, of course I recommended some place I know is safe to shop but in the end, I got a scolding from the taxi driver. He told me (in Chinese) not to bad-mouth Singapore and ask me to say good thing about Singapore.

I'm confused. I trying to help but get a scolding from taxi drvier.

u should say u are PRO..photography is ur bread and butter...you know what u talking about...and finish off" Uncle Taxi, lucky they never ask which taxi to take or not to take.."

:bsmilie:

Something to share.

I could not get a cab during peak hour from Funan to SLS. Then I overheard a couple 1st in the taxi queue telling the taxi driver that they are going SLS hence without 2nd thought I went up to ask to share a cab from Funan to SLS. On the way, I realised the couple is from Phillipines and they are looking for phone and cameras. They asked for my advice where to get it. I told them to get a copy of Star Retailer List, visit stated stores and also advise them to be careful on the pricing, not to be affect by the sales persons' advises and get from more freebies. Alternatively, I also advise them to visit Audio House as they have 7 days money back guarantee so anything wrong they can always go back to get a full refund. Audio House is also CaseTrust certified and recently just awarded "Excellence Service 2007" by STB. As a Singaporean, of course I recommended some place I know is safe to shop but in the end, I got a scolding from the taxi driver. He told me (in Chinese) not to bad-mouth Singapore and ask me to say good thing about Singapore.

let him say what he wants, your conscience is clear and you did the right thing in helping the couple so they don't get cheated, don't let the cabbie bother you. Maybe he scold you coz he feel guilty himself?

he shd jus drive and mind his F***ing own got damn busniess. they asked u and not him. He shd not bad mouth his own mouth..

he shd jus drive and mind his F***ing own got damn busniess. they asked u and not him. He shd not bad mouth his own mouth..

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

maybe taxi uncle working Part Time as salesman by bringing tourists to carrot head shop also? Keke :bsmilie:

Something to share.

Screw da taxi driver back. Tell him to concentrate on his freaking job.

You are a nice person!
Don't listen to the taxi driver, it's good you do that so that some people don't get cheated.
You should also warn about cheating taxi drivers, those who take longer routes etc :p

Maybe the taxi driver got commission from cheaters.

Something to share.

You are not bad mouthing, but you were only saying the truth, those things do happen alot.....

Don't feel affected by what the driver said......he is just too proud, and blind to reality

HS

uncle work part time at lucky plaza lah... :bsmilie:

lucky plaza is e worst
puke.gif

In Thailand there are taxis who will drive you around for free provided you spend $X at taxi driver's "sponsored" shops. Got such thing in S'pore?

Ask the taxi driver to concentrate on the road and not eaves dropping on conversation, like that will have lesser traffic accident.
Something to share.

Something to share.

As a Singaporean, of course I recommended some place I know is safe to shop but in the end, I got a scolding from the taxi driver. He told me (in Chinese) not to bad-mouth Singapore and ask me to say good thing about Singapore.

tell the unker tat if you dun tell 2 now, they find out and will bad mouth to hundreds when they go back to their country and tell their story that Sg got no farm but like to chop carrots. Which is worse? ;)

Something to share.

Well done! Keep it up! So you know why we need policemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.