Taxi driver's irritating habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hello all,

Just wanted to share with others here with regards to any irritating habits relating to taxi drivers. Feel free to add to this thread.

For me, what I hate is the way some taxi drivers try to save fuel by pressing and de-pressing on the accelerator pedal. Wah! Can get motion sickness. Accelerate one second, decelerate the next. :confused:

I felt like questioning the driver at that time. But did not...

What were your reaction(s) when faced with this kind of driver?

This old trick has been happening donkey years... I alway tell them if they don't stop that, they will have to be prepare to clean my puke off their seat and floor as I am starting to get car sick from the jerking. So they can deny it all they want but at the risk of cleaning their car's interior....the taxi all of a sudden becomes very smooth. heh.

This old trick has been happening donkey years... I alway tell them if they don't stop that, they will have to be prepare to clean my puke off their seat and floor as I am starting to get car sick from the jerking. So they can deny it all they want but at the risk of cleaning their car's interior....the taxi all of a sudden becomes very smooth. heh.

Wah! Good technique. :thumbsup:

Wonder how much they can save by doing this. I understand that every cent counts, but is there an actual saving? Some more the right foot won't get tired meh?

hmm, i thought doing that meant the meter went faster? thats what my friend told me.

i hate those, like bus drivers, that think they have brakes of an f1 car or something. always last minute jam brake. rarr!

better than accelerate fast fast then jam brakes, then fast fast, jam brakes rite...

maybe all taxis should come with throw up buckets like the french movie Taxi...

Hello all,

Just wanted to share with others here with regards to any irritating habits relating to taxi drivers. Feel free to add to this thread.

For me, what I hate is the way some taxi drivers try to save fuel by pressing and de-pressing on the accelerator pedal. Wah! Can get motion sickness. Accelerate one second, decelerate the next. :confused:

lidat can save fuel ar??? :bigeyes:

In the old days and I think even now especially with the older taxi driver whoes head still stuck in 1960s. I remember some don't swtich on headlight unless really dark and that means the speedometter hub is also not switch on...to save electricity and thus fuel.

They think acceleration also waste fuel so they are slow to start off. They like kick off from second gear instead of first like it will help save fuel or something. They always under power the car by a lower gear to get it up to speed. I remember getting a few that scolded me when I say they went the wrong way in and they have to reverse to get back out and they say..where can do that? It will cut their meter fare!!!???? There are those that keep the aircon at low and have their side of the window sleight crack open. Thre are those who don't swtich on the aircon unless you mention it. How much money can you really save? I suspect it is all in their little head. There were and maybe still are a few really stupid no proof practices they do. Sure you can say Taxi driver work is no glam and some would say anyone can do this brainless job but common, you still have a brain and it should be used beyond just in school or using it to con passenger out of paying more. Are there are a lot like that? I don't think so...but every now and again we get one that remind us there are still around and have not died out yet. Pity.

Purposely take a longer way to reach your destination,
Ask for your preferred route, then after you told him, he suggest another route & yet another route...:angry:

Taxi: "Go by ECP?"
Me: "ok, anything."
Taxi: "Or go by AYE?" "Or CTE?"
Me: "!@#$%^...

I will ask driver nicely to drive properly...if no reaction....i just email to LTA n file a complaint.

Hello all,

just irritate the driver, once he gets irritated he'll naturely drive faster! :cool:

I hate those Hyundai Sonata drivers sometimes. They really make me wanna puke. I don't remember my father (a cab driver himself) driving like that.

I hate cabbies who speed, and then beat red lights. Was told of one that ran over a kitten at Still Road AND beat a red light after that, this happened on Saturday MORNING(6th Dec), so there's no excuse. Speeding on Still Road is a big no no and running over a kitten, if I were there, i make sure I do all I can to make him lose his license.

Blue colour cab, btw.....

I once had a cabbie ram into the back of my car when it was already at a standstill, and he still asked me why I stop, when the car in front of me stopped. I told him, "then? be like you and ram into other people is it?" KNN......

I hate cabbies who speed, and then beat red lights. Was told of one that ran over a kitten at Still Road AND beat a red light after that, this happened on Saturday MORNING(6th Dec), so there's no excuse. Speeding on Still Road is a big no no and running over a kitten, if I were there, i make sure I do all I can to make him lose his license.

Blue colour cab, btw.....

I once had a cabbie ram into the back of my car when it was already at a standstill, and he still asked me why I stop, when the car in front of me stopped. I told him, "then? be like you and ram into other people is it?" KNN......

kitten's life more precious than a human's life?

y emphasize on the kitten's life? its a big no no to speed and beat the red light, with or without the kitten.

Actually, they don't save fuel at all. It costs more petrol to accelerate than to maintain the same speed. Hence, the question is, 1s of accelration vs 2s of maintaining smae speed - which takes up more?

In the end, its not how often you press, but how hard you press. If you floor it for 3 seconds to get to 100km/h as opposed to me pressing lightly to slowly go to 100kn/h, I'll have spent less petrol than you over the same distance.

Hello all,

Uses more fuel when pressing and let go the accelerator for modern engines. Should just maintain the position of the accelerator pedal..

their old habits nvr change one lah!

worst is their habit of suddenly cutting into ur lane...jam brake...to pick up customer....

Status
Not open for further replies.