Tanjiong Pagar Station: TLR Night Shoot 23rd Thursday anyone

Nikkornos

Oct 31, 2008
Singapore/Asia
I shot the train station last year. Time flies, in a weeks' time station will be history. :cry:

TLR night shoot this Thursday? The last day the station might be packed with too many people.

Night train leaves before 9:30-10pm. If we start about 6pm can end in a few hours.
Parking in station or nearby.

Suggested gear should be light. A tripod. Shuttle release.
I will be shooting with Rolleiflex 2.8F and Ilford B&W.

Anyone keen?

http://travelmalaysiaguide.com/ktm-train-timetable-and-fare/#1

TG8.jpg

TG10.jpg

Looks like fun! My only TLR is an old LUbitel 166B :p I shall see if I can make it that evening. Contact details? :)

TLR is film camera? digital can join? and we start at 6pm and train will come ard 9:30 to 10pm?

Anyone can join. The light will be dim or weak so slow exposure will be needed.

B&W film will be ideal for long exposure. To capture the mood, no flash light will be used.

If we are early at 6pm, can capture the train coming in. remember to bring tripod and shuttle release cable.

See you.

Jon

Looks like fun! My only TLR is an old LUbitel 166B :p I shall see if I can make it that evening. Contact details? :)

Posted. See ya. If we can check what time the train is coming into Station, that will be great.

I remember it was about evening time.

TLR is film camera? digital can join? and we start at 6pm and train will come ard 9:30 to 10pm?

Train is leaving at 10pm. We should capture the train coming in , then shoot around the station.

Hi I would be interested in joining for tomorrows shoot. But I will be shooting digital. Can you also share the meeting location.

Any fridays shooters

Hi I would be interested in joining for tomorrows shoot. But I will be shooting digital. Can you also share the meeting location.

Hello

I am not a train spotter, but here are the time tables. 10:30pm departure time, arrival time should be around 9:00pm or later.

We can meet at the ticket counter with tripod at 6pm. We can have some curry in the station.
Shoot until the train comes in. Will be interesting.

The reason for Thursday is I expect there will many people on Friday, Saturday, Sunday until the last run of the train.

There will be too many people to do a comfortable shoot. Maybe don't even have place to stand.

Bring fast film, or DSLR set ASA to 400, see you.

Train number: (read the notes below) 10 2 20 22 12 170 36 24
Types of seat & sleeper on board (see the explanation below): 1,2 1,2 F,S,2,3** F,S,2 1,2 2,3 S L,S
Days of running: daily daily daily daily daily daily daily daily
Singapore (Keppel Road station until 30 June) depart - 08:00 - - 13:00 - - 22:30
Singapore Woodlands (Singapore border point) depart - 08:32 - - 13:28 - - 23:03
Johor Bahru Central depart - 09:02 - - 14:03 - - 23:43

Singapore Woodlands (Singapore border point) arrive - - - - 15:43 20:14 - 06:03
Singapore (Keppel Road station, until 30 June) arrive - - - - 16:41 21:10 - 07:00

Suggested outfit:

One camera one lens + tripod
DSLR anything 18-70mm
Film camera 50mm focal length should be enough, slow shuttle release
Film B&W or Colour ASA400
Folder camera, RF etc
Bring a flash light just in case
Towels, light cloths (may be warm)

This is a closing historical moment. Capture something so we can remember in future.

Last edited:
I went on 12th June, Sunday, around 10.30am onwards till about 1pm? It was madness... More ppl holding cameras shooting than the actual people wanting to take trains or whatever... Then it won't look nice right? I mean, I suppose the purpose is to take photos of the "natural" state of things but it all goes away. :p So yea, I think TS is prob right... Fri-sun might be more crowded and less conducive for the shoot.

TS, I've taken note of your number. Will buzz you IF I do make it ok? But I might not be so early. See you guys! :)

Why not going on weekends? too many people?

I went last Saturday morning and like what awesomesther said, it was horribly crowded with shooters. No mood to shoot anything as everyone was jostling for space and shooting all around especially the train.So my friend and I went for Nasi Lemak and went off to Funan for BBB :bsmilie:

yup i went last saturday too in the afternoon 3pm was really crowded -.- with shooters, haha

ended up doing some photo shoot with fren and his model haha

That explains....last Saturday I went to a less crowded one in Bukit Timah, but still abit crowded.

*I don't like alot of crowd too.*

cool. i might be going in the morning or early afternoon to avoid the crowd

OK will be there but abit late, will call u when i reach ..

LATEST UPDATE

Guys, I was there to check this afternoon and shot with Rolleiflex 2.8E. It was a bit too crowded.

Empty train coming in about 4:40pm to fetch the 6pm train passengers en route to KL.
Train will park far away you may need a longer lens 105mm.

Actual train arrival may be from 5pm to 6pm, anything. The rail way is NOT on time.
This train arrival will have a change over of locomotive, and you have to be fast as it last less than 2 minutes.

There were at least 2 dozens of photographers this afternoon!! From young to old, from TLR to DSLR to P&S.

AS SUCH, I CHANGE THIS TO OWN TIME OWN TARGET, CARRY ON SHOOT.

Suggest to shoot with something with great mobility.
DSLR with prime lens, or anything from 18-70mm.

TLR you need to be fast, otherwise other photogs will stand right in front of you and cannot get a good shot.

I have shot 1 roll B&W only. Suggested action:

1. Arrival before 5:45pm to shoot the change over of the arrival train.

2. Light will be dim and need tripod. After that, the station will be very crowded.

3. Makan place will be very crowded too, as many are there to try out the place.

4. A bit difficult to shoot the interior as many will be moving about.

I still will be there from 5:30pm onwards. Say hello if you bring a TLR.
As there are too many people and I need to mobility, so change to a lighter TLR, like a Rolleicord or Seagull. ASA400 film.

Thanks.

Last edited: