Tanah Merah to Pasir Ris MRT disruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, me. Waited more than half an hour before i could actually squeeze in a train. what happened?

Not only ppl taking train affected, those taking bus too affected!
Cos those got no train to take, rush to take bus. Making the bus more over crowded than it normal crowd.

Luckily, I managed to reach school on time. ;p hehe... Almost caught the jam. My friend was late for 1.5hr but she asked for the letter from the MRT staff. :angel:

was slightly affected as most ppl from tampines took the bus to bedok and took the train from there...

there was some chaos at tanah merah station cos the passengers dunno where is the train is bounded for. all the screen shows was train service disrupted. :confused:
my friends were late for lecture by an hour.

what a joke... maintenance train broke down. now, question is... need to raise fare to maintain the maintenance train?

Hahahs.. Funny excuse bah..

But honestly, we canot say that just because of this, we don't have world class. We do, but, as the saying goes, sheet happens. :cool:

This happened overground. The maintenance train to rescue the stranded train needs to be rescued.

The question is how prepared are the MRT crew for underground rescue when even at overground they are struggling.

All this will be in the name of honest mistakes and this shows that MRT is still not prepared for National emergencies.

"things fall apart, the centre cannot hold."

I've just watched the News at 0930 pm channel 5, the disruption of the MRT is not the main news as it is aired after 10 minutes.

what a joke... maintenance train broke down. now, question is... need to raise fare to maintain the maintenance train?

I'm a strong believer of the metro subway (or MRT) system for cities with sparse road space.

What I don't understand is, for a transport system that claims to be WORLD CLASS, is there any form of SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT in place? A Service Level Agreement (SLA)to the public that is PAYING for it.

For instance:
* 99% availability = 7.2 hours of service unavailability per month
* 99.5% availability = 3.6 hours of service unavailability per month
* 99.9% availability = 0.72 hours of service unavailability per month

For an organization that increases its fares AT WILL, for a VITAL TRANSPORT SERVICE, I'd be mighty surprised if there isn't any form of SLA in place.

The human crush could have been avoided if the local news on TV and radio have informed the public about the MRT disruption.

Instead, there was no news.

Hardwarezone EDMW has faster news than the radio and TV.

Posting on the go mah...
Not enough buses were deployed to handle the mad rush hours on a monday morning.
the train did not give enough time for passengers to board.
when the staff finally shouted that the train bounds for boon lay and ppl start rushing in, the door closed :sweat:
i was runing about between the normal city bound platform and the middle platform as there wasn't clear indication of where the train is heading to.

Status
Not open for further replies.