Tan Kin Lian's petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
our president is only a figure head with no real powers or anything...so what do you think?

actually, he does have powers. any bill that parliament wants passed has to go through him first, for instance (its a mere formality nowadays, but still, it has to be done, no?)

haha of course, he has less authority than many other positions in government and function largely as a figure head, but he does perform duties too.

actually, he does have powers. any bill that parliament wants passed has to go through him first, for instance (its a mere formality nowadays, but still, it has to be done, no?)

haha of course, he has less authority than many other positions in government and function largely as a figure head, but he does perform duties too.

such as?

after surfing around I found the link to the petition
http://www.petitiononline.com/TKLFPO1/petition.html

I personally think that he will be beneficial as an MP, and having followed his blog occasionally since last year or the year before I have respect for him continually raising awareness of various issues

the people here have more to say about what he wants to do...interesting read:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2173325

I think he should ask Chiam See Tong for his constituency, to be his successor in the next elections. I saw Chiam See Tong the other day at Suntec, he needed assistance to walk around, not a good sign.

What do you guys think? President or MP, which would be a better role for him?

i think he should be voted in as the head organiser of photoshoots in clubsnap.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
after surfing around I found the link to the petition
http://www.petitiononline.com/TKLFPO1/petition.html

I personally think that he will be beneficial as an MP, and having followed his blog occasionally since last year or the year before I have respect for him continually raising awareness of various issues

*you think so? i beg to differ.. look at NTUC Income with him around compared to now. I recall listening to his AWEFUL voice on advertisment wtih him speaking monotony. maybe this guy butt is just itchy lah..

:thumbsd: because you probably need to work under him to know how is he really like... anyway, the current CEO of Income has more charisma with a different mindset and i see the company moving forward MUCH more than with TKL around.

Don't take my words for it. i think i might offend a few seniors here but his mindset are of a different era. You can choose to force your ideology thru or accept and embrace the change, even LKY who is known to be stubborn has really given in alot accepting changes as it comes by. Those ways 40 years ago may work then. NOT now.

anyway enough said. TKL maybe wanna to push his way into politics thru these? EX-CEO too free liao la... for me :thumbsd: to TKL no offense to anyone but me see him no UP!!

try asking around some of his ex-colleagues and you be the judge. :)

* my comments are my views and my only mine. It's the readers responsibility to read up and draw up there own conclusions and i am not responsible and should not be use as your source in any from of argument, debate or print.

Last edited:
*you think so? i beg to differ.. look at NTUC Income with him around compared to now. I recall listening to his AWEFUL voice on advertisment wtih him speaking monotony. maybe this guy butt is just itchy lah..

:thumbsd: because you probably need to work under him to know how is he really like... anyway, the current CEO of Income has more charisma with a different mindset and i see the company moving forward MUCH more than with TKL around.

Don't take my words for it. i think i might offend a few seniors here but his mindset are of a different era. You can choose to force your ideology thru or accept and embrace the change, even LKY who is known to be stubborn has really given in alot accepting changes as it comes by. Those ways 40 years ago may work then. NOT now.

anyway enough said. TKL maybe wanna to push his way into politics thru these? EX-CEO too free liao la... for me :thumbsd: to TKL no offense to anyone but me see him no UP!!

try asking around some of his ex-colleagues and you be the judge. :)

* my comments are my views and my only mine. It's the readers responsibility to read up and draw up there own conclusions and i am not responsible and should not be use as your source in any from of argument, debate or print.

no worries.
I'm sure this guy won't please everyone but it's hard not to respect the fact that he walks his talk.

Better to have different opinions backed by action than lots of bystanders.

no worries.
I'm sure this guy won't please everyone but it's hard not to respect the fact that he walks his talk.

Better to have different opinions backed by action than lots of bystanders.

he talks too much!! no better than the last political foe of the *** who was it who is squatting at changi now?

anyway, try asking around his staffs and you get your answer. also his blog views are all one sided!! TKL for president? forget it! LOL listening his boring voice on the radio a few yrs back was bad enough what say to his election campaign :bsmilie:

he walks and talks like a CEO only. And they only ask 3 questions or rather the the 3 Ws

Why? Who can fix it? When can it be done? if you can say it, can be CEO also than when you are asked to leave can try try to be president sign paper everyday and 9 Aug can wave to all of us CS members on National TV. maybe one of us here will be hired to be official photographer :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Last edited:
sorry, i have not been following much

but how does he do it? walk the talk, i mean.

the minibonds issue, he's the one organising the meet-ups at Speaker's Corner
he's been educating people about financial issues since quite awhile back on his blog
and also was quite vocal in his opinion regarding NTUC Income's change in bonus structure for one of its policies
http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2008/04/reduction-in-annual-bonus_28.html

his executive experience as a CEO will also help him a lot.
Executive experience, street smarts, concern for the ground, plus grassroots support
sounds like a good combination.

plus I like his writing style. Straightforward and not emotionally charged

i dun like tkl.
think he could be bitter after exiting ntuc income then the ***.
already felt he had an agenda to grind after his retirement from ntuc...

guess its personal, do not like him.

i dun like tkl.
think he could be bitter after exiting ntuc income then the ***.
already felt he had an agenda to grind after his retirement from ntuc...

guess its personal, do not like him.

i agree. his "help" u sure is help?

NTUC income bonus structure is catered to the welfare of her staffs under then current CEO and NOT spent on this MONOTONE radio adver :bsmilie: seriously. i think the bonus structure helps to promote a challenge between agents to spur them to work harder. but under Kim.. whatever his name, he well tries to steal the agents customers away from them and well that isnt the way to do things as a company. NTUC even called me up to give up on my agent and join them direct.

Why would i do so?

an agent can address my needs with a personal touch with claims. plus, if i were to deal with HQ direct when u wanna do claims, haha you call the operator will give u some coock bull story.

its personal experience.

my agent is a Million dollar Round Table member for 6 years straight with means she is the top 5% insurance agent in the world!! so why do they want me to give up her services and she is proven to go with them for much lesser option i still need to go down to their office to sign and Queue. plus my agent makes yummy cheese cakes during CNY. hee but well, i am glad INCOME did the right thing and asked him to leave..

many of you guys are married so you prob have bought insurances etc. i am still in my twenties and i have bought a few too but frankly wouldn't you prefer an agent with personal touch than a company who puts you thru operator after operator??

those who listen to him are probably NOT aware of his entices . he has been bitter since leaving Income and well.... nth much to say lah. if a young punk like me:bsmilie: can see thru this pack of lies and "help" he is saying and offereing you ppl who are professionals with lawyers and doctors within the community should be able to see his through him

ps: i am not bitter or anything thou it seems like i am attacking him. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: like Obama famous quote of change??

YES WE CAN!! lol

Last edited:
saw his webby before.... he was mentioning something about beware of structured bonds or something before the economy crisis.... then few months later boom, the economy collapse together with the "mini-bonds".

Status
Not open for further replies.