Tan Chuan-Jin's photography book raises over S$900k for charity

a few ministers spending a month's salary can easily gao tim...

Yes its easy to dig out money to donate to charity and anyone rich enough can do that but lets give credits where its due and this is effort.

Reactions: Shizuma
a few ministers spending a month's salary can easily gao tim...
You know, the same could be said for any effort put into charity. The people participating in those efforts should just abandon the effort and put in their month's salary, sometimes it will even exceed the result a few times.

So what have you done for charity? :) Dismissive talk is cheap.

Last edited:
How many of us can raise $1.8m with our travel photos? :bsmilie:

At the end of the day, $1.8m was raised for four charities. If you think about it, it's not unlike those charity gala dinners that charge upwards of $10K per table. Rich people using their resources/influence to raise money for charity is still a better situation than rich people doing nothing... No one is obliged to do or give anything to charity.

The money will be matched dollar-for-dollar by the Government, bringing the total to more than S$1.8 million.

Last edited:
You know, the same could be said for any effort put into charity. The people participating in those efforts should just abandon the effort and put in their month's salary, sometimes it will even exceed the result a few times.

So what have you done for charity? :) Dismissive talk is cheap.

Wisest man tell me: true charity is carried out in secret. Left hand don't know what right hand is doing.

Just because I am dismissive, doesn't mean I haven't done anything...so don't dismiss me, kitty.

How many of us can raise $1.8m with our travel photos? :bsmilie:

At the end of the day, $1.8m was raised for four charities. If you think about it, it's not unlike those charity gala dinners that charge upwards of $10K per table. Rich people using their resources/influence to raise money for charity is still a better situation than rich people doing nothing... No one is obliged to do or give anything to charity.

nobody is saying this post is dismissive. What I am saying is that ministers are generous with their salary...kena shoot by defender

Wisest man tell me: true charity is carried out in secret. Left hand don't know what right hand is doing.

Just because I am dismissive, doesn't mean I haven't done anything...so don't dismiss me, kitty.

Yes, sometimes it is so secret that maybe you don't even know what you have done. :)

That's the highest level of charity. :bsmilie:

Great effort by Minister Tan CJ. Putting photography to good use for a worthy cause.

Cat Fight wor...

jKbBXfi.gif

PFkQ7rL.gif

Yes, sometimes it is so secret that maybe you don't even know what you have done. :)

That's the highest level of charity. :bsmilie:

unfortunately it's a prevalent mentality in the MIW and their supporters to toot their horn and claim credit for every good thing they'd done. (not that I am accusing Minister Tan of it)

I know what I did and that's good enough for me. For me there's no need to come out and declare it. I am sure that the ministers are generous and willing and most importantly, able...
they can make bigger contribution towards Minister Tan fundraising effort because of their means. hard truth
truth hurts

I think what was done here is commendable, raising money for charity is always a good thing.

However, I am not so sure if he could have reached that level with his photography were he not a minister. Note that this is not a personal attack, I am just saying that it could have easily been another walkathon, a half marathon, an art event or any and something else, the end result could have been the same.

unfortunately it's a prevalent mentality in the MIW and their supporters to toot their horn and claim credit for every good thing they'd done. (not that I am accusing Minister Tan of it)

I know what I did and that's good enough for me. For me there's no need to come out and declare it. I am sure that the ministers are generous and willing and most importantly, able...
they can make bigger contribution towards Minister Tan fundraising effort because of their means. hard truth
truth hurts

You make the erroneous assumption that the only contributors to the effort (or people who disagree with your reaction) are of a certain vein. That's sad, because I am sure most people actually have relationships beyond a political level. Why don't you take a look at the post on the event on his page? Also, you won't catch me stereotyping any political party's supporters as a certain type or exhibiting a certain behaviour. Singapore is such a varied society, to do so just leads to a loss of objective perspective.

Every little bit, no matter how big or small counts. If you think $900,000 is a small thing to anyone, Africa would be free of poverty long ago. So maybe it is easy, maybe it is hard, but I still think your reaction in the first instance was uncalled for. It is one thing to express your opinion but outright and immediate dismissal is rather unfair to the effort made, no matter how easy you think it is. Cheers.

Last edited:
You make the erroneous assumption that the only contributors to the effort (or people who disagree with your reaction) are of a certain vein. That's sad, because I am sure most people actually have relationships beyond a political level. Why don't you take a look at the post on the event on his page? Also, you won't catch me stereotyping any political party's supporters as a certain type or exhibiting a certain behaviour. Singapore is such a varied society, to do so just leads to a loss of objective perspective.

Every little bit, no matter how big or small counts. If you think $900,000 is a small thing to anyone, Africa would be free of poverty long ago. So maybe it is easy, maybe it is hard, but I still think your reaction in the first instance was uncalled for. It is one thing to express your opinion but outright and immediate dismissal is rather unfair to the effort made, no matter how easy you think it is. Cheers.

can't win you la
say minister generous and willing and able also erroneous . say minister support fellow minister... also erroneous.

meow