Tamron SP AF24-135MM F/3.5-5.6. Is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARS

Jan 3, 2006
Hi, anyone out there who owns this lens. Heard some good reviews abt it. Intending to get one as a walkaround lens. Would like to find out the sharpness and contrast of this lens. Anyone knows the selling price of this len? Thanxs for any advices/comments....

:D :D :D

$490 with gst from mscolour. :) good lens. good range. many can vouch for its quality.

Heheh...some say it's a sleeper lens. Great piece of glass at a good price. However, depending on the camera you're using, 24mm isn't wide enough, especially on entry-level DSLRs like 300D, 350D, 20D...

On film cameras though, it should provide a very fine range. My cousin uses this on her Nikon and tells me how good it is.

There have been many threads discussing this fine lens, do a search and you'd be surprised by the wealth of info and personal views available.

Obviously it's not as good wide open. Somewhere between f5.6 and f8 you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. It is however, only about 20% of the cost of the 24-105. That's not to mention it gives you 135mm, where the 24-105 doesn't. The 80% isn't worth the IS and f4 IMO, but that's your call.

used to have this lens which has a very good range 24-135 for film. used it for wedding and travel.

sold it cos now using dslr and the range is now not here nor there. otherwise fantastic lens

:) Yah, that's whatI though.. For that price, I may just go out and buyone just for fun :)

Stoned said:
Obviously it's not as good wide open. Somewhere between f5.6 and f8 you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. It is however, only about 20% of the cost of the 24-105. That's not to mention it gives you 135mm, where the 24-105 doesn't. The 80% isn't worth the IS and f4 IMO, but that's your call.

Status
Not open for further replies.