Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowc

Jan 8, 2006
Greetings fellow CSers, I would like to ask a silly question. I need to know if the Tamron SP AF 90mm have an aperture ring? After searching thru the web, there seem to be two versions of which one have while the other does not. I'm confused :confused: liao. I have also searched thru the forum and couldn't find the answer.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

There are 2 versions, one with one without. In fact there are many variants of the tamron 90mm, it has been updated along the way starting from (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) the 90mm MF adaptall in blue box. I think that's the oldest.

There are 2 versions, one with one without. In fact there are many variants of the tamron 90mm, it has been updated along the way starting from (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) the 90mm MF adaptall in blue box. I think that's the oldest.

Yup. On the Sony alpha mount there are 3 versions:

Tamron SP 90 AF F2.8 72E (1996, discontinued, no aperture ring)
Tamron SP 90 AF F2.8 172E (1999, discontinued, with aperture ring)
Tamron SP AF 90 F2.8 Di 272E (current, with aperture ring)

Depending on the camera system you're using, you should be able to get one with an aperture ring. You can always test and make sure the lens has what you need of course.

Hi Cowseye & Rashkae, thanks for your help! Glad to know that the current version still have an aperture ring.

I think for Nikon and Canon mounts, the current 272E models are all without aperture rings. Not too sure about the ones meant for other mounts. This versions are the ones with BIM (built-in motor)

For Nikon at least, I know there was version of the 272E with aperture ring. I have a copy of this one with aperture ring, it does not have focusing motor in the lens, and is dependent on screw drive in-camera-body AF motor (like AF-D, which I prefer).

Versions I know of out there:

72E
-198213205760055190.jpg

172E
172e.gif

272E with aperture ring
31DDKTH8CFL._SL400_AA400_.jpg

272E without aperture ring
330643.jpg

Last edited:
Hi DareDevil, thanks for the photos! I guess there are two versions of the model 272E. Hopefully, I can get the version with aperture ring locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.