Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD

"Focuses fast and image stabilization works well. I compared the IQ to the Canon 70-200 f4 L and it was close -- very close..." said a reviewer...

Some raving reviews started pouring in for this lens:

http://www.popphoto.com/lens-test/2010/11/lens-test-tamron-sp-70-300mm-f4-56-divc-usd-af

http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/1339/si/Zoom

Waaooh.. this would be my cheap solution to Canon 70-300L.

Lets hope that the Canon mount could come to Singapore shores before Christmas!!

cheers,

I have been hoping to get this by Christmas but I think the demand in Japan is simply overwhelming! :angry:

Lucky if we can see one by January 2011. Cathay Photo just emailed me last Friday that no stock whatsoever has been confirmed to reach our shore yet despite many enquiries.:sweat:

This one may just blow the new Canon 70-300L IS (S$1950) off the mark as it is equally stunning (if the few reviews online could be trusted) at lesser weight and bucks (S$720/-)! :devil:

I have been hoping to get this by Christmas but I think the demand in Japan is simply overwhelming! :angry:

Lucky if we can see one by January 2011. Cathay Photo just emailed me last Friday that no stock whatsoever has been confirmed to reach our shore yet despite many enquiries.:sweat:

This one may just blow the new Canon 70-300L IS (S$1950) off the mark as it is equally stunning (if the few reviews online could be trusted) at lesser weight and bucks (S$720/-)! :devil:

I managed to get the Canon mount version from HK through a friend. Paid HKD 3980. For those going there for holidays, check it out in HK.
Very good lens indeed. The VC really helps. I am using it with EOS 500D.

How exciting! Wow! Now that you are one of the very few in Singapore who managed to get a copy, can post some nice shots and a longer review? Thanks.

Thanks for the sample shots. Nice lens. I MUST BUY ONE! :bsmilie:

I'm going to Philippines in 8 days... I just wonder if I can manage to buy one before :-/ Any news in regards to availability of the Tamron?

I saw like 20 old 70-300mm Tamron lenses in Chinatown for 250$, but no sight of the new versions.

Don't think stock will be here this month. Lucky if we see it in January...which I doubt... Can buy from HK or US...:sweat:

I read one of the reviews that compared it to the canon 70-200L. it is quite close in IQ, but the 70-200 still have the edge in performance wide open throughout the overlapping FLs.

I never hope this lens to out-perform or even on par with 70-200L, I only hope it on par or out-perform the new 70-300L.

I wish to show the fanboy that not only the 1st party lens perform.

I just bought this lens yesterday from Indonesia, I am currently having holiday in Singapore and willing to sell this lens locally in Singapore before the end of my holiday to locals here. Drop me a msg if anyone is interested.

I just bought this lens yesterday from Indonesia, I am currently having holiday in Singapore and willing to sell this lens locally in Singapore before the end of my holiday to locals here. Drop me a msg if anyone is interested.
this lens is available in Indonesia and not in Singapore?

this lens is available in Indonesia and not in Singapore?

yes, canon and tamron main distributor is pretty good at bringing in new products in my country.

it is going to be in jan... shld be in shelves by 3-4week...

Last edited:
Hi,

Is the price going to be ~700 dollars? Any changes in the pricing?

cheers

Today, went down to TK photo to get extra battery for my D7K, so ask the staff about the len, and was quote $722 (incl gst, cash only).

Any bro want it better act fast, it seem very limited stock.

No Canon Mount at TK right? :dunno:

I thought I saw the lens at AMK Hub MS Color, did not ask for the price... Could do a E Quote online on their website.