Tamron Service Center

boxerfan

Oct 19, 2008
Singapore
Hi folks,

The http://www.tamron.com.sg/ website refers to "Serial I-Tech" but does not provide address nor phone#.
Search for Serial I-Tech brings me to Serial Systems corporate webpage.
Anyone know where is the Tamron service center and/or contact #?

An address is given together with tel no at the bottom of the home page. Try contact them thru that number...

There is a Tamron Singapore facebook page. I got the address from there also:
11 Changi North Way
Singapore 498796.
I would say it's the most inaccessible service center i have seen. Furthermore, very hardly there is someone to pick up the hotline (62485333, in case you need it). You have to call many times before someone pick up.

Good Luck.

Tamron's service center number is +65 6510 2408

62485333 is from their old location I guess. The lady I spoke to don't know why Tamron won't update their number.

Anyway, the correct number is posted above in case anyone is asking.

FYI Serial I-tech is no longer the authorized service center for Tamron

I learned it the hard way :what: I went to their Ubi office yesterday only to learn that they moved out already. New office is in Changi Northway. Went there only to learn that they no longer support tamron. And yes, I called them last Thursday to arrange for lens cleaning, Joshua asked me to come this week. He did not even bother to inform! Disappointed ;(

Anyone knows who is the authorized service center now? Im going to drop an email to tamron

FYI Serial I-tech is no longer the authorized service center for Tamron

I learned it the hard way :what: I went to their Ubi office yesterday only to learn that they moved out already. New office is in Changi Northway. Went there only to learn that they no longer support tamron. And yes, I called them last Thursday to arrange for lens cleaning, Joshua asked me to come this week. He did not even bother to inform! Disappointed ;(

Anyone knows who is the authorized service center now? Im going to drop an email to tamron

really? Serial I is still listed as the official sole distributor for Tamron in Singapore, and yet they are no longer servicing Tamron lenses?

really? Serial I is still listed as the official sole distributor for Tamron in Singapore, and yet they are no longer servicing Tamron lenses?

Yeah thats true, website it not yet updated. I'm waiting for tamron's response

Reply from Tamron:

======================================
Thank you very much for contacting us.
We are sorry for your inconvenience.

As you have mentioned, our authorized distributor has been changed recently.

Unfortunately, the new distributor in Singapore is not available at moment.
If it is not inconvenient for you, we would like to take care of your matter in Japan.

Please inform us about the problem which you have.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Best regards,
Tamron Japan Customer Service
===============================

Appreciate Tamron Japan' offer, but sending the lens to Japan for cleaning is not practical IMHO :(

Last edited:
Reply from Tamron:

======================================
Thank you very much for contacting us.
We are sorry for your inconvenience.

As you have mentioned, our authorized distributor has been changed recently.

Unfortunately, the new distributor in Singapore is not available at moment.
If it is not inconvenient for you, we would like to take care of your matter in Japan.

Please inform us about the problem which you have.

Best regards,
===============================

Appreciate Tamron Japan' offer, but sending the lens to Japan for cleaning is not practical IMHO :(

Wow.... hopefully they get the new distributor in country soon.

Yeah I hope so ��

i was hunting around for the Tamron Tap-In dock adaptor. non of the usual retail shops carried it.

went to TK, cathay, Alan, SLR Rev all boh! One of them asked me to go see if the service centre.... lucky i didnt make my way there.

now i know why...

Sure that the Tamron Service partner don't do the same? I remember such cases in the past, with 4-6 weeks return time.
It's just a shifting of responsibility.

Thank you very much for your reply.

We have confirmed with the appropriate department about your matter and we will be able to inform you about the new authorized distributor in next week.
As we will get back in touch with you again, please give us a little more time.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Please note that the shipping fee will be cost to you and it may take about a few months if you will send your lens to Japan directly.

Your understanding in this matter is so much appreciated.

Few months wow!

New distributor for Tamron in SG:

=====================================
Thank you very much for your patience.

We are writing to inform you about the new distributor in Singapore.
Please contact them for the customer service in your area in the future.

[SHRIRO (SINGAPORE) PTE.LTD.]
Address: 11 Chang Charn Road #06-00 SHRIRO HOUSE Singapore 159640
Tel: +(65) 6472 7777
Fax: +(65) 6472 1792
Mail: enquiry@shriro.com.sg
URL: http://www.shriro.com.sg

We apologize again for keeping you wait so long.

Best regards,
-------------------------------------------

They are the distro for many major brands too, so should be more profesional :p

So even for tamrons bought before the new distro, the new distro will cover warranty ? Coz i remember tamron was 'local extended warranty'

tamron singapore website completely down alrdy.

not sure since when. I guess no point for the distributor who no longer distributes that product to support the website.

tamron singapore website completely down alrdy.

not sure since when. I guess no point for the distributor who no longer distributes that product to support the website.

Go to Shriro. They are the newly appointed Tamron distributor.

Go to Shriro. They are the newly appointed Tamron distributor.

Ha i have no need to visit them touchwood. Shriro not doing much to help tamron sales without even a local tamron page