tamron or sigma againts nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merv08

Jul 17, 2008
Im planning to get a lens, I’m seeking your thoughts regarding on the image quality of tamron 28-75 f2.8 or Sigma 24-70 f2.8 when it stands on its own? and compared to nikon's 24-70 f2.8

Im planning to get a lens, I’m seeking your thoughts regarding on the image quality of tamron 28-75 f2.8 or Sigma 24-70 f2.8 when it stands on its own? and compared to nikon's 24-70 f2.8

Definitely not as good as a Nikkor. But for the price, the Tamron is quite a strong lens.

I have one and the IQ is pretty decent. ;)

erm... why do people still want to compare a $2K+ lens with a sub-$1k lens is beyond me... :dunno:

nikon will be the better choice but budget don't allow then go for sigma 24-70mm f2.8 i'm using it so far so good sec best beside nikon as i think:sweatsm:

erm... why do people still want to compare a $2K+ lens with a sub-$1k lens is beyond me... :dunno:

Bro, budget, budget ... an alternative, albeit with flaws, to the trinity :)

I just tried the Sigma 24-70mm today, verdict, did not like it.

Soft wide open, at all apertures. Although some have reported good copies.

Very awkward placement of zoom ring... I kept turning the focus ring thinking it was the zoom ring -.-... The focus ring is in the middle of the lens, and the zoom ring is actually very close to the mount. As a result, the focus ring turning during AF tends to get in the way of holding the lens properly.

Looking to try the Tamron, but I understand that lens has bad AF.

I just tried the Sigma 24-70mm today, verdict, did not like it.

Soft wide open, at all apertures. Although some have reported good copies.

Very awkward placement of zoom ring... I kept turning the focus ring thinking it was the zoom ring -.-... The focus ring is in the middle of the lens, and the zoom ring is actually very close to the mount. As a result, the focus ring turning during AF tends to get in the way of holding the lens properly.

Looking to try the Tamron, but I understand that lens has bad AF.

hmm..thanks for sharing:)

and yea, Sigma's got quite a few lemons. Pretty stupid imo, considering some of their lenses really aren't that bad :sweat:

hmm..thanks for sharing:)

and yea, Sigma's got quite a few lemons. Pretty stupid imo, considering some of their lenses really aren't that bad :sweat:

Aye, its absolutely frustrating. But in this case, I find my test shots quite consistent with most reviews.

They came out with a new HSM version which is supposed to be optically redesigned (implies better?). But then again, their HSM is quite junky too... I tried a Sigma 30mm F1.4 today and the HSM is snail slow? (it was even slower than 24-70mm non-hsm =P)

Status
Not open for further replies.