Tamron macro 90mm F2.8 or Nikkor micro 85mm F3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

famosa

Oct 10, 2008
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hi, I am a newbie in DSLR and would like to try the macro photography. I am looking at Tamron 90mm f2.8 due to many good review abt this lens. Or, shall I wait for the newly announced nikon 85mm f3.5 with VC? Other than macro, I would like to use it for portraiture. That's why nikon's VC is having advantage over tamron. What would you advise? Any problem taking portrature or macro handheld without VC in Tamron 90mm?

Thanks for your advice.

i'm using the tamron...
not much of a problem to me without VR...

Thanks for your reply!

For macro shooting, the vibration reduction ( and af ) are pretty much ineffective and you probably will not miss without it

Ryan

i am using Tamron 90mm as well.. in most case.. you will use slightly fast shuttle speed to prevent motion blur .. hand shake. or the wind blow if you shooting flower.etc. the VR is not a concern to me. :D

i am using Tamron 90mm as well.. in most case.. you will use slightly fast shuttle speed to prevent motion blur .. hand shake. or the wind blow if you shooting flower.etc. the VR is not a concern to me. :D

Thanks for your comments...I am more confident to go with Tamron now :D

For macro shooting, the vibration reduction ( and af ) are pretty much ineffective and you probably will not miss without it

Ryan

Absolutely :think:

I had Nikon's AF-S 105mm VR macro lens and yea...the effect of VR is close to nothing for close-up photography. Not to mention focusing is slow as hell for long-distance shots! ;( (I suspect the 85mm macro'll be just as slow)

Sold it and got a lovely Tamron 90mm for almost 1/3 the price ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.