Tamron Macro 90mm - DI or Non DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoyip

Mar 29, 2004
www.activemediastudio.com
Need Advice on above :)

Thinking of geting the Tamron SP 90mm Macro over the Nikon 105 Micro since the reviews i've read seems to be more in favour towards Tamron for quality n price over nikon which is better built n quality.

But when i went to the Tamron webby, saw that they have a new lens - SP AF90MM F/2.8 DI Macro, the previous one is SP 90MM non DI.

Anyone tried this? The website does't mention much about DI accept for 4 short paragraphs on marketing writeups.

Should i go for DI or non DI ?

Not many reviews of the Di version as it is quite new, but from the descriptions - it has a newer coating to reduce internal reflections, has an improved focusing ring. Sounds like an improvement over the non-Di.

geoyip said:
Need Advice on above :)

Thinking of geting the Tamron SP 90mm Macro over the Nikon 105 Micro since the reviews i've read seems to be more in favour towards Tamron for quality n price over nikon which is better built n quality.

Was just looking at the Tamron 90mm together with the nikkon 105mm
this evening and happen to compared the 2,agreed with you that the price is really different and Tamron comes with a 3 year warranty I was told,

Any way I was adviced to go for the Di version since I am Primarily a dslr user.However I must say the Di version seems very plastic and light, and because there wasn't the other non-di version around I am not sure if there is a difference in built quality between the 2.So best is to find a Shop that actually have both samples to compare the optics of the lens. :)

hope that helps.

was told that the DI version is more for DSLR users.
Used to own the non DI version - construction is plasticky but optics is really good. Light to carry around :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.