Tamron lens cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeocolin

May 2, 2003
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Has anybodoy gone to Tithes marketing for their Tamron lens to be cleaned before? (Tithes marketing is the distributor and also the company which guarantees Tamron lens in Singapore) How are their service?

Of course, I'm most particular especially since for AF zoom lens, there is a danger of the lens losing its precision in AF. Mine is a 28-200mm XR lens.

How about 3rd party shops like The Camera Workshop? What are your personal experiences?

Thanks.

wow, that's bad. How do you know nothing has been done to it? What did you send it in for?

because they are the one who tell me they have done nothing to it... they say nothing is wrong with the lens!!

i guess some electronics inside the lens went crazy, keep giving me err msg on my SLR body, tried on afew film and digital body liao also the same... even check the lens out with TCW, they say its faulty also, then the technician over there at tamron say they test it with a EOS 5 and say nothing wrong....

i went there with my SLR body and test straight at thier face, same error occur, i ask them go get a new lens let me try, it works prefectly fine, but refuse to change a new one for me, ask me go down there AGAIN and wait for them to change the parts inside

In this case, why not let TCW fix it for you?

For my case, its a simple case of cleaning the lens of its fungus. Although I can't see the fungus on my pictures/slides, but I just decided to clean it anyway, cos after cleaning, I have the time to shoot a few rolls to ensure my AF is functioning alright.

hi brother!

thought i could ask u this question...

how much(rough estimation?) would it cost to get rid of a fungus-infested lens?

any idea on the price for getting rid of funguses on the camera body too?

yeah babe yeah!!

Originally posted by yeocolin
In this case, why not let TCW fix it for you?

For my case, its a simple case of cleaning the lens of its fungus. Although I can't see the fungus on my pictures/slides, but I just decided to clean it anyway, cos after cleaning, I have the time to shoot a few rolls to ensure my AF is functioning alright.
its not fungus, its something wrong with the electronics inside

The service is bad. Put the lenses there for two weeks they did not do anything.

Don't bother to go back, waste my time and money.

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
my lens still with them leh... at least must go back there take it back

what are you waiting for?
go them and give them a lashing..
^%$%$#^%&^%....

Another company with bad customer service.

erm... so what about the other tamron users out there? I'm thinking of sending my lens for cleaning, but not sure whether to send to Tithes or 3rd party...

Those who want to service their lenses, might want to try TCW first lor... since it is reported that Tithes has such bad service. But I guess they might also have a huge backlog of cases to handle. Cleaning these lens take a lot of care since they are so complicated.

Anyway. Magixshoe, if they still refuse to change lens, then email Tamron Japan directly and tell them the problem and the way Tithes is handling the problem. Often Tamron Japan wil do something about it!

sykong said:
erm... so what about the other tamron users out there? I'm thinking of sending my lens for cleaning, but not sure whether to send to Tithes or 3rd party...

I sent my Tamron 28-200 lens to Tithes for cleaning about 6 months ago and received it back according to the time which they promised. No delays, so I've no complaints.

hmm.. that was almost a year ago! how come dig out this theard?

anyway the lens was rechipped and it worked fine. and i sold it away already

MaGixShOe said:
hmm.. that was almost a year ago! how come dig out this theard?

hehe... because I was searching to find out where to send tamron lens for cleaning =p

Status
Not open for further replies.