Tamron Di II AF 18-250mm, Sigma 28-300mm or Canon 55-250mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald Lam CK

Jul 2, 2009
Admiralty
glamphotography-ck.blogspot.com
Hi, i'm looking to invest in a 2nd hand zoom lens after i gotten my 50mm lens. But i'm pondering which of the 3 lenses to buy; Tamron Di II AF 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 LD Aspherical (IF) Macro, Sigma 28-300mm or Canon 55-250mm?

I have seen the prices in the BNS section and the prices for these 3 lenses are almost similar. I'm a 450D user, hence will of course prefer canon lenses, but the Tamron and Sigma lenses seem to offer more focal length then 55-250mm? Correct me if im wrong...

My aim of getting a zoom lens is to shoot subjects/ animals/ objects from a distance. In this case, is Sigma 28-300mm the best choice?

Thanks for your advice.

Why not try reading the reviews on photozone.de? They're pretty accurate and will also give you a good idea on lens weight, how far it extends, barrel/pincushion distortion, etc.

Hi, i'm looking to invest in a 2nd hand zoom lens after i gotten my 50mm lens. But i'm pondering which of the 3 lenses to buy; Tamron Di II AF 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 LD Aspherical (IF) Macro, Sigma 28-300mm or Canon 55-250mm?

I have seen the prices in the BNS section and the prices for these 3 lenses are almost similar. I'm a 450D user, hence will of course prefer canon lenses, but the Tamron and Sigma lenses seem to offer more focal length then 55-250mm? Correct me if im wrong...

My aim of getting a zoom lens is to shoot subjects/ animals/ objects from a distance. In this case, is Sigma 28-300mm the best choice?

Thanks for your advice.
Quite interested in this answer too.. i'm a noob to photography and bought the most basic kit.. currently starting to do research for an affordable zoom lenses...

Quite interested in this answer too.. i'm a noob to photography and bought the most basic kit.. currently starting to do research for an affordable zoom lenses...

since u already got kit lens liao...then go for 55-250 IS....:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.