Tamron build quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceecookie

Deregistered
May 22, 2007
Hello there,for those who own a Tamron F/2.8 17-50mm lens,does the ring after the focus ring wobble a bit?It moves slightly up and down for mine's when i shoot upward or downward.
However,the image is not affected and there's no zoom creep.

Mine dun have such problem.

Maybe u need to bring back for servicing liao.

Not acceptable even if it move abit?
Where is Tamron's servicing centre?

Thithes is located at Tannery Lane in Macpherson, #04-01 Sindo Building.

I used to own a 28-300 and build isn't as gd as Tokinas or the originals. Once its elements were faulty, causing the camera to shut down after every shot. So i sent it in and was shipped to Japan for extensive servicing. Total took 2 mths but fortunately mine's under warranty or i can imagine the costs.

Woo. Now thats some serious s**t. Don't think my lens is even close to that, even after close to 1 year of use, which includes shoots in the rain.

that's not slightly. that's a lot. :bigeyes:

Your wobbling looks really serious :bigeyes:

I do not have any problems with my lens.

eh..expensive cost ar?Die leh,this one 2nd hand and i student..no money to pay for the shipping and all:(

Other than the wobble,the lens fine.Zoom and all works fine too.

Is there other (cheaper) alternatives?

eh..expensive cost ar?Die leh,this one 2nd hand and i student..no money to pay for the shipping and all:(

my advice to you la.
don't worry, tamron comes with 3 years warranty, unless your set is more that 3 years old which i highly doubt so, it's shouldn't be a problem, bringing to tamron's service center or your set is a grey set? does it comes with receipt?

i own the lens for 1 month and it didnt gave me any much problem, but then after buying the lens for a week or so, one big of dust was it in, Requested for a change, and sold off after using 1 month. :D it's a superior quality lens, but still sold it.

anyways this is my advice, never buy a third party lens unless there's a need. e.g.. sigma 12-24, which canon don't produce. what they produce is 10-22, which is an EF mount. so basically it unless to me cause all my bodys are EF mount

hope this helps you.

my advice to you la.
don't worry, tamron comes with 3 years warranty, unless your set is more that 3 years old which i highly doubt so, it's shouldn't be a problem, bringing to tamron's service center or your set is a grey set? does it comes with receipt?

i own the lens for 1 month and it didnt gave me any much problem, but then after buying the lens for a week or so, one big of dust was it in, Requested for a change, and sold off after using 1 month. :D it's a superior quality lens, but still sold it.

anyways this is my advice, never buy a third party lens unless there's a need. e.g.. sigma 12-24, which canon don't produce. what they produce is 10-22, which is an EF mount. so basically it unless to me cause all my bodys are EF mount

hope this helps you.

Sexalicious, don't double post.

Anyway to TS, if your lens is still waranty valid, just send it in for servicing. Better than leaving it and doing nothing.

you bought it 2nd hand? y need to pay shipping? as in you bought it 2nd hand from overseas? or from local? was it like this when you first bought it?

your set still have warranty?

you bought it 2nd hand? y need to pay shipping? as in you bought it 2nd hand from overseas? or from local? was it like this when you first bought it?

your set still have warranty?

No.I didnt buy from overseas.Tamron only has a distributer here,if i sent in - the lens will be shipped back to Japan for fixing = hefty shipping fee.
The lens was purchase on 8/8/06 and owner didnt fill in the extended warrenty so the xtra 2 yrs warrenty dont count.
Thithes is located at Tannery Lane in Macpherson, #04-01 Sindo Building.

I used to own a 28-300 and build isn't as gd as Tokinas or the originals. Once its elements were faulty, causing the camera to shut down after every shot. So i sent it in and was shipped to Japan for extensive servicing. Total took 2 mths but fortunately mine's under warranty or i can imagine the costs.

Anyway,what i need is most likely a cosmetic fixing by way of securing the outer ring as it wobble.it does not affect the lens and image so i do not have to worry abt replacing it ASAP.

Anyone advice using superglue or blue tack(lol) to secure the wobble?

Status
Not open for further replies.