tamron and sigma for nikon lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

castarito

Dec 23, 2008
guys i would like to know. i tried finding here about comparing these 2 lenses which one gives u a better quality pics and also the performance.. all 2 cameras do have low F stops.. but is there a difference between tamron, sigma and nikon lenses in terms of the quality and the performance?? i read like sigma its hard to get focus on u know sumthing lyke that.. hope i can get some advice from you guys.. thnx.

Read the reviews online.

Dude, things changes with different models etc. You'd have to read up on reviews and perhaps try them out first hand to make a decision. You certainly cannot generalize things like this.

yes quite hard to generalise perhaps you should also specify exactly which model...

i read like sigma its hard to get focus on u know sumthing lyke that.. hope i can get some advice from you guys.. thnx.

Where did you read this in the first place? Focusing problems can have many causes (don't forget the person behind the viewfinder) and it's quite unreasonable to attribute this to a single lens brand and generalize it in such a way.

i own a Sigma macro... when used for macro yes it hunts during low lights... but for general, non-macro use, i find it as fast as all other lenses i got including Nikkor and Tokina...

it all depends on the copy you get. Pretty normal to spend a few hours at the shop looking for a good copy.

In general, Sigma is good for it's better build quality, and autofocus as compared to Tamron. Tamron, however, has slightly better optics. Again, this depends on which lenses you are looking at.

ok thnx ill give a look up again..

Status
Not open for further replies.