Tamron - AF17-50 F2.8 XR DiII VC lens shake while focusing?? and lens with noise??

MakubexII

Dec 13, 2010
Hi all, does anyone with this lens encounter any "internal noise" when shaking the lens? It seems something unfettered/ loosing inside the lens...

however, so far so good when snapping..but another thing i felt very uncomfortable, that is whenever i focus, the focusing ring motor seems moving too hard(like using too much power turning the ring) and the worst part is i completely feel the object "shake abit" when viewing via eyecup while focusing!

please help :cry: i feel like taking it to Tamron for warranty... if anyone of you using this lens before.. and having the same conditions pls share.

Thank you so much.

Your lens is completely normal.

When u shake the lens, the noise is caused by the floating elements in the lens.
Focusing ring motor: Seems normal to me.. Not too much vibration.. Just abit loud..
'Shake abit' while focusing: Happens when the VC is engaged. It's normal. For me it only jerks once.

sighz just feel uneasy with such uncommon things. Precisely, when focusing it somehow jerks once only ..anyway, thanks alot for your comment bro ;)

sighz just feel uneasy with such uncommon things. Precisely, when focusing it somehow jerks once only ..anyway, thanks alot for your comment bro ;)

Well if you are so bothered by it, maybe you should just sell this lens and upgrade to the Nikon 17-55.

own the lens b4. The sound of motor is louder when compare to Canon with USM. With the VC on, u can feel or see image "shake a bit" in the viewfinder.

Well if you are so bothered by it, maybe you should just sell this lens and upgrade to the Nikon 17-55.
yup bro. I might sell it off and get a Canon 17-55 very soon, thanks for your advice.

own the lens b4. The sound of motor is louder when compare to Canon with USM. With the VC on, u can feel or see image "shake a bit" in the viewfinder.
That's proven.. Tamron "trademark" with those minor things ^O^ now i experienced it.

MakubexII said:
yup bro. I might sell it off and get a Canon 17-55 very soon, thanks for your advice.

That's proven.. Tamron "trademark" with those minor things ^O^ now i experienced it.

Oppss you are on canon.

It is personal. I personally do not really like vc vr is. Unless using very long lenses.

Naturally, the Tamron would be louder as the lens uses a mechanical motor, not an ultrasonic one.

You get what you pay for, and for that price, if you are only concerned about image quality, it's hard to beat. If AF speed is also your concern, a Sigma 17-50 f2.8 OS HSM or a Canon 17-55 IS USM would be a better option.

Oppss you are on canon.

It is personal. I personally do not really like vc vr is. Unless using very long lenses.

The VC is really impressive for stablizing handheld video shots. :)

:) Indeed. More budget will go for IS, nevertheless, without IS still fine as long is F2.8.. seldom snap in low light. Just never come across Tamron kinda far comparing to Canon in terms of mechanical :embrass:

Video aside as I've no experience in it, the extra cost of VC if buying locally is not worth it. Plus it's well known loss of sharpness compare to the non-VC.