Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 LD Macro 1:2

tokiomarui

Jan 5, 2011
Recently i bought a Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 LD Macro 1:2 from a friend,but i can;t use it for my D90.Is it the len not compatible with my D90 or do i have to do any setting of it? i need some suggestion from u guys to teach me......thanx!

Recently i bought a Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 LD Macro 1:2 from a friend,but i can;t use it for my D90.Is it the len not compatible with my D90 or do i have to do any setting of it? i need some suggestion from u guys to teach me......thanx!
did you check whether its nikon mount?:think:

yup...my friend is using nikon D40x and it's compatiable.....

Then what do you mean by not compatible if its a nikon mount...is it the mounting? or check your setting. You can try to dismount then mount again!

not compatible? AF not responding? metering not giving info?

Hi, is there a different between the SP version and this AF version? In the used market, I saw it retailed between $140 to $200 whilst the SP version goes into $400 to $500. Or I got it all wrong?

Would user be able to share how much they paid for theirs?

Hi, is there a different between the SP version and this AF version? In the used market, I saw it retailed between $140 to $200 whilst the SP version goes into $400 to $500. Or I got it all wrong?

Would user be able to share how much they paid for theirs?

SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD is the newer version compared with the AF 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di LD Macro.

For the SP version, Tamron claim they give extra features such as to use one Extra Low Dispersion (XLD) and one Low Dispersion (LD) glass, add Vibration Compensation (VC) to 4 stops lower, use Ultra Sonic Drive (USD) silent motor, full time manual feature for manual focusing, internal focusing, new anti-reflection multi-coating to reduce ghost and flare, etc.

If I were you, I would go to the SP version.