Tamron AF 28-200 mm f/3.8-5.6 LD (IF) Aspherical 72mm filter size

xiaotingtong

Nov 18, 2009
Hi,
new in DSLR. already did some "googling" on this len.:sweat:
got this from my bro-in-law. tried using this on my K-x but had issue with this when taking with flash cos pics were overexposed. no reading were possible when taking pics but the reading were shown later. is this normal?

also Got the kit lens and and a sigma 55-200mm 4-5.6 thinking of bringing either this to NZ or he other 2 lens or shld i get another zoom lens? any suggestions? :think:

regards,
Hun

i can use autofocus or manual except that the only reading appeared in the K-x during focusing is the iso and the "F" is shown as "F_ _" . i set the dial to aperture priority. anyway, tried other setting as well but still the same. pics came out alright except when using flash. is this good enough for the scenery shot in NZ?

Thanks.

i can use autofocus or manual except that the only reading appeared in the K-x during focusing is the iso and the "F" is shown as "F_ _" . i set the dial to aperture priority. anyway, tried other setting as well but still the same. pics came out alright except when using flash. is this good enough for the scenery shot in NZ?

Thanks.

look at your lens carefully. older lenses will have an aperture ring at the end of the lens, near the lens mount.

it is used to set the aperture size for older cameras that cannot set aperture from the body.

for newer cameras, you have to turn the ring to "A" so that the body can set the aperture.

If the aperture ring is not turned to "A", you will see the "F_ _" on your camera LCD screen.

Thanks.
I believe detritus mean aperture ring on the les itself not the in camera body's dial setting :D

check the ring on the lens with label "A 22 16..."
IMGP2495.jpg

Thanks for the info. :)
will chk that when i reach home tonite. things had changed so much. the last time i used a slr was in the late 80s which was a Nikon FG. thanks alot.

regards

Thanks detritus n nameless1. found the "A' and switched it already. everything is fine now.

Thanks for the info. :)
will chk that when i reach home tonite. things had changed so much. the last time i used a slr was in the late 80s which was a Nikon FG. thanks alot.

regards

Did you change "Using Aperture Ring" to Permitted in the Custom Menu settings on the camera?

Did you change "Using Aperture Ring" to Permitted in the Custom Menu settings on the camera?

Thanks. somehow i accidentally changed it when i first tried the len.

regards,

sorry boss. angmo no good. you very inky man. joke aside..thanks for the correction.:bsmilie:

our felixcat8888 bro of course is inky.....he educate the next generation leh......