Tamron 90mm with monopod

Status
Not open for further replies.

undergrd

Jun 16, 2007
North-East
Any one of you own the tamron 90mm len and use it with a monopod for macro photography?
just want to know where do you guys buy the ring that is tighten ard the len so tat the monopod can be mount on it? and how much ?

Thanks
:):)

Uh? You mount the camera on the monopod... I don't think the tamron90 is heavy enough to warrant needing a tripod collar :bsmilie:

You mean lens collar for your Tamron 90mm?

Don't think there is lens collar for it in the market.

Lens collars exist to bring the mount closer to the center of gravity. In a light lens like the Tamron 90mm, the CG is still pretty close to the body so a tripod collar for it would sit too close to the camera body. If you want to mount the monopod a little more forward, use one of those sliding macro quick release plate thingies

I use a Tamron 90 with a monopod. And there are no tripod collars for this lens.

Mount the camera onto the monopod and you're set. ;)

hi guys,thanks for the feedbacks...reali appreciated...so i guess a monopod will be use on the camera....

hi Zac08,when u use the monopod on ur camera, is there a drastic difference is terms of stability?

hi Zac08,when u use the monopod on ur camera, is there a drastic difference is terms of stability?

Yes... It allows better stability as I dun have to worry about the up and down movement which can ruin a close-up shot.

Yes... It allows better stability as I dun have to worry about the up and down movement which can ruin a close-up shot.

are monopods ex? think tripods are a bit more cumbersome for macro shots.. by the time set up the tripod and focus, the fella already fly off..

are monopods ex? think tripods are a bit more cumbersome for macro shots.. by the time set up the tripod and focus, the fella already fly off..

Not really. I got a Benro at $80 and bought a 234RC head to match, can't recall exact price on that piece. But it's still much cheaper than a full tripod setup.

Not really. I got a Benro at $80 and bought a 234RC head to match, can't recall exact price on that piece. But it's still much cheaper than a full tripod setup.

maybe i can use the tripod with the legs closed as a 'monopod' ??

hmm, wonder how some of the guys do handheld shots..

maybe i can use the tripod with the legs closed as a 'monopod' ??

hmm, wonder how some of the guys do handheld shots..

Actually most of my shots are handheld. I only bring out the monopod when I am in the mood for dedicated macro shooting. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.