Tamron 90mm SP Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulip123

Jan 24, 2006
Thinking of getting the follwoing from B&H for my Nikon D50, anyone has experience with this lens, does it mount directly to Nikon body? do not understand the "Requires Adaptall Mount" statement. Thanks for your help.

Tamron Macro 90mm f/2.5 SP Macro Manual Focus Adaptall Lens (55mm Filter Size) - Requires Adaptall Mount
Mfr# B52100 • Used Cat.# 459738 Used Dept.
Our Price: $ 169.00

Hi zaxh81, thanks for your advice, i am aware of the DI version you recommend, thinking of getting used for the attractive pricing. Does it mean that the one I am exploring does not work on Nikon?

Tulip123 said:
Hi zaxh81, thanks for your advice, i am aware of the DI version you recommend, thinking of getting used for the attractive pricing. Does it mean that the one I am exploring does not work on Nikon?

It does work with the Nikon system, provided you get the correct adapter from the Adaptall mount. But do note that it is the older system which is MF and it may not allow you to reach 1:1 macro.

Another thing to note is with more adapters in line, there may be slight degradation of functionability.

zaxh81 said:
\which is 52mm filter thread size.
I thought it is 55mm?

zac08 said:
It does work with the Nikon system, provided you get the correct adapter from the Adaptall mount. But do note that it is the older system which is MF and it may not allow you to reach 1:1 macro.

Another thing to note is with more adapters in line, there may be slight degradation of functionability.

Thanks Zac08, is the adapter easy to get and is it expensive? MF is alright as I understand it is common for macro works.

Tulip123 said:
Thanks Zac08, is the adapter easy to get and is it expensive? MF is alright as I understand it is common for macro works.

Not very sure of the pricing, but have seen one user selling Tamron lenses sell additional adaptall adapters at approx $85 or so...

MF is ok, but as mentioned previously, you better check on the maximum magnification the lens is capable of. Some older macro lens have a limit of 1:2 only.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.