Tamron 90mm + Raynox 250, any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loboclerk

Jul 28, 2002
Singapore
Anyone using such a combi, or any dedicated macro lens with the Raynox 250? Any experience to share?

Anyone using such a combi, or any dedicated macro lens with the Raynox 250? Any experience to share?

I'm wondering how an image with a Raynox 250 on 90mm will look like too. Will it be better then having 150mm or 180mm in term of working distance?

when a close up filter is used on a longer MM lens the working distance gets shorter, i used to have a msn202 which i think is a +25 ?(could be wrong) close up filter and the area of focus is very small. not easy and image degrade shows more.

i tried the rynox msn202 on my , 70-200f2.8 & 100f2.8 and the above was the result. :x

I'm wondering how an image with a Raynox 250 on 90mm will look like too. Will it be better then having 150mm or 180mm in term of working distance?

It will give you more magnification past the 1:1 capability of the 90mm macro.
A longer focal length macro lens will not give you reproduction past its stated magnification either. The IQ of a picture taken with a good quality close up filter should be pretty good as well.

Working distance will be shortened.

Ryan

Does it mean, by adding the DCR250 in front of the 90mm, the magnification past 90mm is made possible due to the shorter working distance?

Same effect as tubes except no light loss and potential IQ drop if the closeup ain't good?

Really depends on your priorities. Some would prefer no light loss, but slight degradation and go for the CU filter. Others would prefer the tubes, albeit losing some light, but at least there's no degradation.

So.. does the closeup filter act as a magnifier as well?

Sorry, keep confusing myself.. @_@

Sorry, keep confusing myself.. @_@

Yes, it does, but I prefer using extension tubes, though you lose a little light.

They are convex lenses and helps in magnification. Like your magnifying glass and the glasses people wear for hyperopia

If you got a close up filter you can handhold and tell the effects easily, the higher the dioptre the higher the magnification

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.