Tamron 90 vs Canon 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinker

Dec 31, 2004
Don't Tell You...
Hi Guys,

I've a Canon 400D and I've been toying for the longest time with the idea of getting a macro lens simply because I would like to get close-up shots of my toys and watches (eg the dial, the hands, movement etc). I've asked and received suggestions on Canon forum to consider a few lense and I've narrowed them the options down to - Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro and the Canon 100mm f2.8 USM macro.
The difference in prices appear to be around S$200~S$280.
My query is this - is it worth paying the diff to get the Canon 100mm?
Help?
TIA!

Sinker

my opinion is that the tamron is a better starter lens. (and sharper too based on test results)

The Tamron 90mm is extremely well-liked and seems to be a really excellent lens.

Hi Guys,

I've a Canon 400D and I've been toying for the longest time with the idea of getting a macro lens simply because I would like to get close-up shots of my toys and watches (eg the dial, the hands, movement etc). I've asked and received suggestions on Canon forum to consider a few lense and I've narrowed them the options down to - Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro and the Canon 100mm f2.8 USM macro.
Help?
TIA!

Sinker

Hi Sinker;

I'm using my 90mm f/2.8 macro Di Tamron and it's works perfectly fine to me...
and as they say "why go for the original lenses if the result almost the same quality image as the third party lenses"...

my opinion: the difference btw this two lenses are the following...

1st : price
2nd : price
3rd: still price.... he he he

I'm contended with my 90mm lenses b'coz that's my only budget can afford! he he he

cheers!!! :chees:

The tamron is suppose to be sharper though.

Wahhh, the Tamron seems to be leading ... ;p
Another query pertaining to the Tamron - I also have a Nikon F90x. Does it mean that I can use the Tamron for the Nikon F90x too on the basis that I change its mount? Easy to change? Can be changed at all? Where I'm coming from is can the Tamron be used for both the Canon 400D and the Nikon F90x simply by changing its mount?

Sinker

Hi Guys,

Help?
TIA!

Sinker

Compared these 2 lenses before. The both are very sharp but i still preferred the Canon one as its details are more refined when u zoom in closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.