Not open for further replies.

ortega

Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
I had a chance to test out this Value for Money lens and here are the results
_DSC8557.jpg

_DSC8548.jpg

conclusion: Light and sharp
I must say that I am impressed by the performance.

Half the price but not half the quality.

All images taken with a D70 pop-up flash and the Tamron 90 - hand held
and focused manually

#1 is best! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thank you ernest_tad and espion

these were shot yesterday at ASH - near my work place
and only during lunch time

but this is meant as a lens test, for people who want to know about this lens.
I was quite suprised by the ease of use and quality of this excellent lens.

though it extends a little too far.
but as you can see the DOF is more than the 105. due to shorter focal lenght.

Good shots ortega. I'm quite amazed what you can do with this glass.

Nice pre-pupation shot of the Common Mime caterpillar. Nice smooth backgrounds in most of the other shots too. :thumbsup:

The T-90 is a tried and tested macro lens and has got rave reviews on both the Internet and in magazines. Like its bigger brother the T-180, Tamron macro lenses are great value for money and perform on par (some even say better ;)) than their original manufacturers' counterpart macro/micro lenses.

Nice image. Now I know my 90 can perform this well. Am never able to get that razor sharp think DOF line you get on your last 2 pics. Wonder why. hehehe.

Also, did you apply any diffuser to the pop up flash or change any ev compensation settings coz the pictures looks good! Using 90 with D70s but could not really achieve your
standard. So sad. =) I seek to improve.

Anyway, where is this ASH? Alexandra Hospital? Thanks.

Thanks a lot,
tltan

Papilio said:
Nice pre-pupation shot of the Common Mime caterpillar. Nice smooth backgrounds in most of the other shots too. :thumbsup:

The T-90 is a tried and tested macro lens and has got rave reviews on both the Internet and in magazines. Like its bigger brother the T-180, Tamron macro lenses are great value for money and perform on par (some even say better ;)) than their original manufacturers' counterpart macro/micro lenses.
thank you papilio for your comments and information

tltan said:
Nice image. Now I know my 90 can perform this well. Am never able to get that razor sharp think DOF line you get on your last 2 pics. Wonder why. hehehe.

Also, did you apply any diffuser to the pop up flash or change any ev compensation settings coz the pictures looks good! Using 90 with D70s but could not really achieve your
standard. So sad. =) I seek to improve.

Anyway, where is this ASH? Alexandra Hospital? Thanks.

Thanks a lot,
tltan

ASH = Ann Siang Hill

Thin DOF: it could be due to the angle of view
send me a link and I'll see if i can figure it out.

No diffuser on pop up flash, but flash ev changed to either -0.3 or -0.7 (depends on subject) sometimes more for white subjects.

Shoot more :)

My flora shots cannot match your standard, so we are even.

really nice shot .. whats #6?

thank you simon80 and jugend

my friend wants to this lens

I'll post a WTS once I take a picture of the lens.

Wah...sifu is also master of macro, must learn from you again if got chance next time :thumbsup:

You definately have a keen eye for all this little creature, I am not sure how I can approach these as it seems like avoiding me no matter how patient I sat at one place :lovegrin:

Btw I saw you when I walk pass Kumon at Rivervale Mall last sunday but never bother to disturb you as you were busy taking to someone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.