Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 pentax mount review

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailSeeker

Nov 21, 2006
Guys, just want to ask . Do anybody already have this lens? any reviews/comment? Because I'm planning to get this one...

Guys, just want to ask . Do anybody already have this lens? any reviews/comment? Because I'm planning to get this one...

Some guys from a Chinese photo forum have bought this lens last month, seemed pretty happy with it. One guy even compared it against a Pentax FA*80-200/2.8 and the Tamron won easily (although I really doubt that specific FA*80200 he tested got focusing problem on his camera).

Here are the links:
http://forum.xitek.com/showthread.php?threadid=556580
http://forum.xitek.com/showthread.php?threadid=569213
http://forum.xitek.com/showthread.php?threadid=560555
http://forum.xitek.com/showthread.php?threadid=568033

They are in Chinese, but you can see the photos and see how you like them. Personally I think it's a very decent lens.

Well, there probably is no bad 70/80-200 F2.8 lens by any manufacturer anyway, no matter it's the camera makers or third party lens manufacturers :)

thanks fengwei!
btw, do you have any idea where can I get this lens in singapore?

i saw this on their forum.. whaaa... a very nice bokeh..
0a373b71b2164b418ec2d4e6cf2b00ee

Last edited:
thanks fengwei!
btw, do you have any idea where can I get this lens in singapore?

i saw this on their forum.. whaaa... a very nice bokeh..
0a373b71b2164b418ec2d4e6cf2b00ee

Sorry I don't know where to get it locally. But I'm sure you can order it from oversea and have ti shipped over :)

Base on those users review, the lens is very sharp even wide open. And it take great photos w/ nice color and bokeh. As I said above, there probably is no bad 70/80-200/2.8 lens :)

Hi
I am curious as to how the photographer was able to achieve bokeh from his subject at such a distance? I find most of the time even at f/2.8 I have to be relatively nearer to the subject (not as near as PnS zoom cameras !) to bring out the bokeh..:rolleyes:
And its sharp too!

Last edited:
the background surroundings are far enough from the subject, so able to achieve the bokeh, anyway somehow im still not impress enough with this lens, despite all the "great" samples posted everywhere... just lack the punch and character im looking for... when is the 60-250 coming, next yr ?? i cannot wait that long...

Hi
I am curious as to how the photographer was able to achieve bokeh from his subject at such a distance? I find most of the time even at f/2.8 I have to be relatively nearer to the subject (not as near as PnS zoom cameras !) to bring out the bokeh..:rolleyes:
And its sharp too!

I have a feeling it's photoshopped. Personally I think there's no way to achieve that effect...

the background surroundings are far enough from the subject, so able to achieve the bokeh, anyway somehow im still not impress enough with this lens, despite all the "great" samples posted everywhere... just lack the punch and character im looking for... when is the 60-250 coming, next yr ?? i cannot wait that long...
I know you are comparing it to the magic of the FA77. Ha.

Looking at the sample picture I reserve judgment whether to call the bokeh as good or not. There is some colour fringing evident though, sharpness wise it isn't easy to determine if the picture was sharpened or not, ie. whether the lens was inherently sharp to begin with. Unfortunately the exif was stripped off too.

I would be more interested in the lens' balance of sharpness, contrast and flare control rather that make a comparison with a prime tele.

I checked all the posted "sample pics" there long before, but sorry to say, not impressed at all.

But I know, if bro Fengwei use this lens, there will be amazing pics.;)

no la not comparing with the 77. The 77 also cannot achieve this cos not long enough... comparing with N 80-200 f2.8 which i used to have...
I was refering more to the punch and character. Hah.

I checked all the posted "sample pics" there long before, but sorry to say, not impressed at all.

But I know, if bro Fengwei use this lens, there will be amazing pics.

Haha, wish I was as good as you said :D

Actually it's pretty easy to achieve that kind of 'bokeh' if you have a lens which can reach 200mm. Here are some of my takes by an FA*200/2.8:

IMGP6164_s.jpg

IMGP3836_s.jpg

IMGP3839_s.jpg

IMGP2926_s.jpg

I think the only one which might please you is the FA*80-200 ;)

But the price is pretty EX for a 2nd hand 80-200.

Fengwei: the colors of your takes out of FA*200/2.8 are just great :thumbsup:

The sample posted here taken with Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 is bluish? :dunno:

OP qouted me S$1,300 for this lens... any comments on the price..

OP qouted me S$1,300 for this lens... any comments on the price..

It's pretty reasonable I think. It's selling for $700USD at amazon, plus shipping and import tax, it'd be around 800USD (1130SGD). At least you can test out the lens if you buy at OP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.