Tamron 28-75 f2.8 or Sigma 28-70 f2.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinh

Apr 12, 2007
West
Hi people,

Any comments on the above 2 lens? Using on Nikon mount and hoping to use it for landscapes (wide) to portraits (tele) and of course low light shooting. Thanks:)

No prior experience with the Sigma, but the Tamron is very sharp, even wide open.

However, what you have to note is 28mm may not be your cup of tea when it comes to wide angles, because it's really not wide at all.

On a digital crop, you may want to be looking for something like the Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5. It's not a f/2.8 constant zoom, but it gives you the focal lengths you are looking for at a small aperture compromise. The 17-70 can give you quite a decent magnification of 1:2.3, and so, performs quite decent close up functions.

tamron... unless you comparing sigma 24-70 with it then it will be a close match.

tamron. no brainer. sigma has good lenses, but for this range the tamron can even put up a fight with the 24-70L in terms of IQ.

Tamron 28-75 f2.8 :thumbsup:

definitely Tamron 28-75 f2.8.. really good lens... :thumbsup:

Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8...:thumbsup:

At f/4 and above, it's sharpness put to shame my Ls...but the colour cast is more on the warm side as compared to Canon lenses and focuses not as 'immediate' as Canon's USM.

If you manage to get a good copy of the Tamron, it's a great value lens.

Thanks for all your comments. Any feedback on whether it would be wide enough for landscapes? Based on 1.5 crop factor on my Nikon?

Thanks for all your comments. Any feedback on whether it would be wide enough for landscapes? Based on 1.5 crop factor on my Nikon?
:dunno: use ur 18-70 to test out...

Same here. Anytime the Tamron. In fact I bought it ! It gives me really nice white light in interior shoot and sharp images.

The Sigmas I have owned were giving me yellow cast with my Fuji cams. I sold them all except the 10-20mm.

So Happy with the Tamron, thinking of getting more lens from the brand.:thumbsup:

Is it wide enough for you?

To put in a short answer, for me, even 24mm doesn't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.