Tamron 2.8/28-75 Di III RXD vs Sony FE 24-70mm f 2.8 GM Lens

virtualme78

Jul 21, 2010
Singapore
www.capturealifestudio.com
Hi guys

I like to ask guys who have owned or tried both lenses (hobbyists and professionals alike) on how they felt about both lenses. How does the Tamron 2.8/28-75 Di III RXD stack up against Sony FE 24-70mm f 2.8 GM? I have done a reasonable about of research and almost all the comparisons/reviews claimed that Tamron can do what the GM does at a fraction of the price. Please let me know what you think. Thank you!

Pro gear can withstand heavy use while a lens like Tamron is less robust compared to the GM. Shutter counts of 50,000+ a year for a camera used by pros is common vs 5,000-10,000 for a serious hobbyist. This counts for a big part of costs of pro equipment.

Saw some awesome pictures on the Tamron on fb, maybe you can take a look. I am considering that too.

End of the day, still boils down to your own budget IMHO. If you can comfortably afford it, why not. Not eat grass everyday those kind of scenario can already LOL

Reactions: Damianchanws
Don’t underestimate the difference in weight. I have had heavy zooms, and I ended up leaving them at home when traveling, which becomes a waste.

I honestly owned both. The GM before I. sold it and invested in the Tamron 28-75 and 24mm 1,4GM

I bring out my Tamron for travel and no doubt it is simply fabulous! After the update, everything was great. I never left the Tamron behind eversince. My 24mm was sitting most of the time but hey! I got 2 lenses now to play around with :)