Tamron 180mm f3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmouse

Jul 10, 2003
spore
img9.photobucket.com
Have seen great macro taken with this lens. Just want to know how this lens perform as a portriats lens taken on any subject such as human, animal or birds.

Any tamron 180mm user care to provide some sample pics (non-macro) of this lens since I do not own any macro or telezoom lens.

Million thanks in advance.

bigmouse said:
Have seen great macro taken with this lens. Just want to know how this lens perform as a portriats lens taken on any subject such as human, animal or birds.

Any tamron 180mm user care to provide some sample pics (non-macro) of this lens since I do not own any macro or telezoom lens.

Million thanks in advance.
This lens is wonderful for macro. The focus is very slow, tends to hunt from near to infinity; but sometimes OK when the subject is near to the present distance setting. Be prepared for manual focus for more practical situation unless your subject is stationary. Once focused, it is very sharp. I find it too sharp for human portrait; counting pimples.

Have not tested the Tamron 180 yet, but last weekend tested Tamron 90 Macro and the pic is quite good, some test shots
here.

The Tamron 180 should be just as good as the Tamron 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.