Tamron 180 macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

otc

Feb 8, 2006
www.flickr.com
Anyone has any news of tamron 180 macro in pentax mt. I have searched for d lens but nothing shown. Mostly nikon and canon mt. Pentax.....? Tamron USA and Japan does not show pentax mt anyway but other websites does....

Any input is appreciated. Thanks

otc

Tamron don't have it at this moment. Dun know in the furture. Only Sigma have PK mount for 180mm/3.5 Macro, focus won be fast, and it's quite xpensive!

Tamron don't have it at this moment. Dun know in the furture. Only Sigma have PK mount for 180mm/3.5 Macro, focus won be fast, and it's quite xpensive!

thanks berry,

Shutterbug states Pentax mt but nothing in store to date. Sigma 180 macro seems more exp. compare to other mount. Tamron 180 reviews seems positive, available for Nikon/canon. Hopefully this macro 180 would be available for pentax too. Sigma 180 macro listed as 799 US B n H.

otc

There is also the manual focus Voigtlander 180mm which goes down to 1:2 magnification. I dare say the image quality, bokeh and build quality would be better than the Sigma.

Manual focus will definitely not my choice.:sweat:

There is also the manual focus Voigtlander 180mm which goes down to 1:2 magnification. I dare say the image quality, bokeh and build quality would be better than the Sigma.

Manual focus will definitely not my choice.:sweat:

Manual focus is not so difficult, especially when it's such a long focal length. Manual focusing is in fact preferred in macro.

does manual focus lense do come cheaper?

Yes, manual focusing is preferred in macro.
Voigtlander image quality and build quality, I'm sure is much better (like the 125mm), but the price should be more xpensive and its heavy than anythings else. Oh, no tripod mount too.:(

Yes, manual focusing is preferred in macro.
Voigtlander image quality and build quality, I'm sure is much better (like the 125mm), but the price should be more xpensive and its heavy than anythings else. Oh, no tripod mount too.:(

Lets get the facts right. The Voigtlander 180mm f/4 sells for less than US$400 thereabouts, definitely much cheaper than the Sigma 180mm f/3.5 at about US$800 or the Tamron 180mm f/3.5 at about US$700. It weighs 485g compared to the Sigma's whopping 965g or Tamron's 920g, which means hand holding is easier and there is no need for a tripod socket. The Tamron 180mm is quite similar to the Sigma specifications wise. Unlike the Voigtlander and Tamron, the Sigma is a digital only lens (smaller image circle).

The main difference is that the Voigtlander is a close focus 1:2 compared to the Sigma or Tamron which goes 1:1. But the main use of such a long macro lens is the longer working distance that allows shooting of shy macro subjects easier. In many cases you're not likely to be shooting at life size for subjects like lizards, snakes, squirrels, etc.

http://www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigt/v-lens/sl/180sl/index.html
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3284&navigator=5
http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/180mm.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.