Tamron 18-270mm PZD issue

beef331994

Mar 22, 2011
Hi all,

First off I'm a newbie so pls bear with my noobness. I recently purchased a tamron 18-270 mm PZD version. However upon taking a few shots I realized that my viewfinder jerks when the VC mechanism is engaged and disengaged. Is this a common issue or is it isolated to just my lens? Pls help. Thank you very much

Hmm... If u can realise your vc mechanism's activate then u r not a newbie...:) i think is it normal. Importantly, after it activates, u must see a difference in reduced camera shake ( do it handheld at 270mm )

beef331994 said:
Hi all,

First off I'm a newbie so pls bear with my noobness. I recently purchased a tamron 18-270 mm PZD version. However upon taking a few shots I realized that my viewfinder jerks when the VC mechanism is engaged and disengaged. Is this a common issue or is it isolated to just my lens? Pls help. Thank you very much

I have the old version without the PZD, it's the same for my lens, it jerks when then VC kicks in, it's normal

Yupz.... nvr tried Canon's own IS lens before, but tamron's VC works this way....

I have the old version without the PZD, it's the same for my lens, it jerks when then VC kicks in, it's normal

I also have the older version, and yes, it is normal. And for what it is worth, I own Nikon VR, Sigma OS, and Tamron VC lenses, IMHO (not sure about Canon), I love Tamron VC the best - gives the best result for stabilization.

Never experience any jerking with my Canon IS. Using 18-55mm Canon kit lens.

Hi all,

It is normal. That is how Tamron implements their VC.

beef331994 said:
Hi all,

I used to own the older version 18-270 VC and currently using a 17-50 VC. It's how the VC mechanism works. So no prob with ur lens.

Sleep well.. :)

I have a copy of 18-270 PZD, I believe it is normal as well. but I'm not sure if tamron's VC is good for other lenses as people had been telling me that Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 VC sux... thats why I got 1 without VC

not strange... my tamron 17-50 F2.8 VC also have this tamron signature shake... it's normal...