Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC can fit Samsung Nx11?

otaku

Apr 22, 2011
Hi all, am new here. :angel:

Just got a Samsung NX11 and looking for a reasonable general purpose lens. Came across on this Tamron 18-270 but not sure can fit? If does, what type of lens mount can be used to match it?

Appreciate any kind advice from all the sifus/masters/experts etc.. :)

hi otaku, i oso owned the samsung nx11, currently shooting with the kit lens 18-55mm and 20mm.
feel free to get me out for shooting, we may share the experience as i am very newbie oso. =)

Samsung has it's own mount system (dpreview.com states 'Samsung NX mount'), Tamron currently only supports the major DSLR mount systems (Canon, Nikon, Sony). You can check the details at www.tamron.com. That's the point where it becomes clear: you don't buy a camera, you buy an equipment system.

Hi ygw0707

Great to see another user on NX11!

Anyway, i really a beginner and now still reading up the manual.. alot of '?' in my head also.. lol

I am keen to learn from you too..just afraid that you will not have the time to shoot as you will be answering my many qns..haha

I have a fren also in this hobby. One of this day can get him to join too..

Hi Octarine, tks for the reply. Understand Tamron does not support NX series. So I was wondering if the lens mount adapter will help.

Came across "red dot photo" website on the mounting adapter (sorry, cannot provide link post)

Does that mean I can use the adapters (Canon EF/Nikon F/Sony lens mount adapter) to mount the Tamron lens on my NX?

BTW, the Tamron has a model for sony w/o the VC feature (since Sony cam has VC inbuilt, if I not wrong). Thus, it wont be quite useful on other cam brand since it does not have VC feature too?

Hi ygw0707

Great to see another user on NX11!

Anyway, i really a beginner and now still reading up the manual.. alot of '?' in my head also.. lol

I am keen to learn from you too..just afraid that you will not have the time to shoot as you will be answering my many qns..haha

I have a fren also in this hobby. One of this day can get him to join too..

though im not using Samsung NX11. But Can i join in the shooting party =x haha.. looking for more shooting kaki :embrass:

Last edited:
though im not using Samsung NX11. But Can i join in the shooting party =x haha.. looking for more shooting kaki :embrass:

yaya let's go for shooting tog, i realli need some1 to guide me.

I have bought my camera for more than 2 month, but not realli go for shooting.. :(

jus drop me a sms @ 9177-0705 if ur go for shooting..

any1 of u going for shooting tomorrow?

Can I join ? I not using sanding cam. Staying punggol

Hi Octarine, tks for the reply. Understand Tamron does not support NX series. So I was wondering if the lens mount adapter will help.
Came across "red dot photo" website on the mounting adapter (sorry, cannot provide link post)
Does that mean I can use the adapters (Canon EF/Nikon F/Sony lens mount adapter) to mount the Tamron lens on my NX?
BTW, the Tamron has a model for sony w/o the VC feature (since Sony cam has VC inbuilt, if I not wrong). Thus, it wont be quite useful on other cam brand since it does not have VC feature too?

I had a look at the website and I'm not sure what this adapter can do. The remark "Manual Focus" already points out a limitation: your Samsung cannot manage the focus system of the Canon lens. Manual focus is not an issue for landscape or other situations where you have the time. You could also work with pre-focus for other situations. But then: if focus is not supported, what about aperture? Canon lenses get the aperture signal from the body, they don't have any aperture ring. Nikon lenses still have this ring (except G series), though. This could be a safe option.
Best you take your cam, a Canon lens and check the adapter in the shop.

Last edited:
I had a look at the website and I'm not sure what this adapter can do. The remark "Manual Focus" already points out a limitation: your Samsung cannot manage the focus system of the Canon lens. Manual focus is not an issue for landscape or other situations where you have the time. You could also work with pre-focus for other situations. But then: if focus is not supported, what about aperture? Canon lenses get the aperture signal from the body, they don't have any aperture ring. Nikon lenses still have this ring (except G series), though. This could be a safe option.
Best you take your cam, a Canon lens and check the adapter in the shop.

Canon EF and EFS lenses not suitable cos there've no aperture on the lens.
Better lenses for use will be Nikon F mount with aperture rings and all the old 35mm manual lenses with an appropriate adapter.
Does you cam come with live view; easier to focus manually with live view. Also the manual lenses may be cheaper too.

yaya let's go for shooting tog, i realli need some1 to guide me.

I have bought my camera for more than 2 month, but not realli go for shooting.. :(

jus drop me a sms @ 9177-0705 if ur go for shooting..

any1 of u going for shooting tomorrow?

Hmm not tml maybe Sunday.

Hi to Octarine and shierwin, tks for the great insight! very useful info! dint realise on those aperture thingy for diff brands of lens. Really have little knowledge on this and great to learn from you guys! :)

mmm..in that case, have to source further or wait for one that suit the NX..

Canon EF and EFS lenses not suitable cos there've no aperture on the lens.
Better lenses for use will be Nikon F mount with aperture rings and all the old 35mm manual lenses with an appropriate adapter.
Does you cam come with live view; easier to focus manually with live view. Also the manual lenses may be cheaper too.

you mean no aperture control ring on the lens. the aperture is within the lens. how the aperture is controlled is via an a lever on the lens that is manipulated by the camera body (for the Sony Alpha at least). for other camera brands i'm not too sure.

lol.. i almost fell to the floor when i saw that canon lenses don't have apertures

Hi ygw0707/luckyorange/sumsum80

I am very new and also dint play much on my cam yet. Great to have some shooting experience and learn from you guys! Maybe can suggest a location and plan for a good day if keen? BTW, sorry to say I can mostly able to make it on Sunday morning till noon time slot only, other day/timing have to depends... Meanwhile, i will also ask my fren got any "lobangs" and if he can join as well.

you mean no aperture control ring on the lens. the aperture is within the lens. how the aperture is controlled is via an a lever on the lens that is manipulated by the camera body (for the Sony Alpha at least). for other camera brands i'm not too sure.
On Canon EF and EF-S lenses the aperture is set electronically. There is no mechanical connection (lever or similar) between body and lens.

Hi ygw0707/luckyorange/sumsum80

I am very new and also dint play much on my cam yet. Great to have some shooting experience and learn from you guys! Maybe can suggest a location and plan for a good day if keen? BTW, sorry to say I can mostly able to make it on Sunday morning till noon time slot only, other day/timing have to depends... Meanwhile, i will also ask my fren got any "lobangs" and if he can join as well.

ok, u arrange den let me know again.. any shooting for tis coming weekend??

On Canon EF and EF-S lenses the aperture is set electronically. There is no mechanical connection (lever or similar) between body and lens.

then Nikon bro? how's it set? mechanical or electronic?

then Nikon bro? how's it set? mechanical or electronic?

Nikon mount has both options, electronic or mechanical. Older lenses (those with aperture ring) have aperture lever, newer (G series, no aperture ring) only have electronic coupling.

ok, u arrange den let me know again.. any shooting for tis coming weekend??

Hi bro, sorry to reply late, as busy for past weeks.. i will see if my fren free for this period ie maybe Sunday (am tinking going punggol park for scenery pics). Will update you if he can cfm. :)