tamron 17-70 2.8 vs da 35

crow84

May 1, 2010
anyone can share the difference between this 2 lens in terms or image quality?
currently using fa50mm 1.4 considering which of the above lens to get.

anyone can share the difference between this 2 lens in terms or image quality?
currently using fa50mm 1.4 considering which of the above lens to get.

Should be the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 right ?

yaya .. pai seh

I have the 17-50 and it stays on my camera most of the time as the main workhorse lens. f/2.8 throughout the 17mm to 50mm zoom range means I can shoot practically anything my eye can see, so it's incredibly versatile. The DA35 is just as versatile, but in a different way. You'll be constrained to 35mm focal length but you can shoot anything from short portraits, candids, low light, flower macro, food, product, etc with it, plus the Limited build quality.

That said you might find yourself using the FA50 much less when you get the 17-50, at least that was my experience.

I have the 17-50 and it stays on my camera most of the time as the main workhorse lens. f/2.8 throughout the 17mm to 50mm zoom range means I can shoot practically anything my eye can see, so it's incredibly versatile. The DA35 is just as versatile, but in a different way. You'll be constrained to 35mm focal length but you can shoot anything from short portraits, candids, low light, flower macro, food, product, etc with it, plus the Limited build quality.

That said you might find yourself using the FA50 much less when you get the 17-50, at least that was my experience.

Same . I got the 17-50 too. 60% on my camera - 30% for my FA 50 and the rest 10% for my telezoom.
I only need FA 50 when it's really in low light , or I really want to carry something really light out for that day . If not Tamron is my walk around lens
I had try Brian DA35 before. Indeed the Pic quality is much better however u lost out in wide angle which sometime is quite frustrating. However DA 35 got macro which is a very + point. And also the weight is much lighter.
Conclusion , if u got a wide angle lens (10-20 or 12-24) to accompany yr DA 35 , with yr FA50 you are very well cover.
However if you doesn’t , I would suggest the Tamron 17-50 , as you can really do quite a lot of shooting with it alone :)

Build wise .... no need to say ..... limited sure win ... lol

Same . I got the 17-50 too. 60% on my camera - 30% for my FA 50 and the rest 10% for my telezoom.
I only need FA 50 when it's really in low light , or I really want to carry something really light out for that day . If not Tamron is my walk around lens
I had try Brian DA35 before. Indeed the Pic quality is much better however u lost out in wide angle which sometime is quite frustrating. However DA 35 got macro which is a very + point. And also the weight is much lighter.
Conclusion , if u got a wide angle lens (10-20 or 12-24) to accompany yr DA 35 , with yr FA50 you are very well cover.
However if you doesn’t , I would suggest the Tamron 17-50 , as you can really do quite a lot of shooting with it alone :)

Build wise .... no need to say ..... limited sure win ... lol

I agree with what Simon just said, if you are planning to get a uwa in the future, go for the DA35. If not, it's best to stick with the 17-50 as it is a much more versatile lens to use.

My personal experience is that the DA35 has a good FOV but I have missed out a couple of nice shots just because it is just not wide enough. The perspective is very different from 17-35.

thanks brothers.
tamron 17-50 2.8 wad is the difference between the vc ?
and is sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 better den tamron ?

tamron 17-50 2.8 wad is the difference between the vc ?
and is sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 better den tamron ?
VC = Vibration Control, Tamron's version of IS/VR ...
What do you consider as better feature / function / performance? What reviews have you read so far?
Sigma 17-70 for Pentax

Wrong, both new Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.0 OS HSM & even newer Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 OS HSM is same as with other mount. Even with our Pentax mount version, there built in OS in the lens that can be on or off. And you either off the body's or off the len's when using, you get to choose either.

Wrong, both new Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.0 OS HSM & even newer Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 OS HSM is same as with other mount. Even with our Pentax mount version, there built in OS in the lens that can be on or off. And you either off the body's or off the len's when using, you get to choose either.

But the Tamron 17-50 VC (B005) is only available in C/N mount. Sony & Pentax users only can get the non-VC A16 version, since it doesn't make sense to waste money on optical stabilization for short lenses.

Actually, if I were you, I'd grab the FA35/2 that Bernard is selling in BnS now in an instant :bsmilie:

think the tamron is a good lens, very gian it too

but dunno how to dispose off the kit-lens hehe

think the tamron is a good lens, very gian it too

but dunno how to dispose off the kit-lens hehe

keep it lah :bsmilie: lightweight and versatile... can just pop it on if u need to lend the camera to someone ;p

can't sell for a fantastic price anyway...

Actually, if I were you, I'd grab the FA35/2 that Bernard is selling in BnS now in an instant :bsmilie:

Thank u! Got free ad! But this is tamron vs DA le... ;-)

Silly zoom vs prime lens debate. So typical... it shouldn't be an either or comparison, you need to learn to appreciate and know how use a prime lens or a zoom.

That said, the FA35 f/2 is very sharp, especially wide open, and maybe because I don't have a good impression of Tamron build quality, the choice to me is dead obvious... :bsmilie:

Thank u! Got free ad! But this is tamron vs DA le... ;-)

FA35, fast at f2. Sharp as razor. 35mm lens already focus up to ~35cm for close up shots.
I'd get it in a instant if I did not have it. :)