Tamron 17-50mm f2.8...stiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyan

Jan 5, 2005
PR
Hi all,

Just want to find out something from you who has the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 lens, is it normal that when you turn the zoom ring, it feels stiffer compared to Nikon lens?

My kit lens feel much smoother than the Tamron lens. Just wondering if it's normal. :dunno:

Shouldn't. Tried a 1-week-old Tamron lens before. The zoom ring was pretty smooth.

Hi all,

Just want to find out something from you who has the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 lens, is it normal that when you turn the zoom ring, it feels stiffer compared to Nikon lens?

My kit lens feel much smoother than the Tamron lens. Just wondering if it's normal. :dunno:

smooth and loose is two different thing..

:eek: Oh no... does that means my lens is faulty? :cry:

Shouldn't. Tried a 1-week-old Tamron lens before. The zoom ring was pretty smooth.

Eh.... it's for sure not loose lah.... can turn, but just require a bit more strength compared to the kit lens...

smooth and loose is two different thing..

:eek: Oh no... does that means my lens is faulty? :cry:

Its normal.. my tamron 17-50mm is "stiffer" than my kit lens. I prefer the "stiffness" actually, prevents lens creep and gives more confidence when handling. ;)

Don't worry.
Definitely not faulty, my Tamron 17-50mm was kinda stiff initially when new. After using for 3 weeks, very smooth now.

yeah yeah its stiffer than new nikon lens. I think its normal don't worry

put some grease :devil::devil:.

WD40??? :devil::devil:

strange. mine is quite fluid. maybe cuz it's been with me for quite long. lol...

Use it more and it will get smoother by the day. If you buy lens and keep in your bag only, sure lah will be 'tight' forever :) Trust me, u want your lens to feel a little 'stiff'

been to the tamron booth and heard, when they made the ring smooth, others tot it was loose and lousy so now they made it stiff but will soften up gradually after use.

Status
Not open for further replies.