Tamron 17-50f2.8 or tamron 28-75f2.8

I'm planning to buy either of these two lenses could anyone advise mi which is better?
I wanna buy one of these lenses to shoot my wife while we are going for our honeymoon.

my pref is the 17-50. the 28-75 is good too but on honeymoon, if u want to shoot some nice landscapes for memory sake, u need the wide end.

28-75 is nice but its more of a portrait lens. 1750 is a better walkabout lens.

definitely 17-50.

Have the 17-50, IQ is good, not very far from 16-50. And the focal length is definitely useful for walk about. For holiday with yr gal expect to take more portrait with back ground , so wider end is will be better.
No deny the 28-75 aka wedding lens, is a good lens too.

Cenvin said:
Have the 17-50, IQ is good, not very far from 16-50. And the focal length is definitely useful for walk about. For holiday with yr gal expect to take more portrait with back ground , so wider end is will be better.
No deny the 28-75 aka wedding lens, is a good lens too.

I'm not too sure i'd use 28-75 for wedding!

Asked the exact same question couple years back.
Took the 17-50, no regrets.

Have to be 17-50.
28-75 is too tight on aps-c

I'm not too sure i'd use 28-75 for wedding!

What not?
Of cos the 50-135 would give you better FL for candid portrait, but to factor in the lighting condition for most of the wedding place a 50-70ish lens will come in handy.

Well, maybe with the great hi ISO performance of the newer Pentax cam, Kx<, you still can get decent shutter speed with long end.

Cheers

But for landscaping I still have my kit lens 18-55. I won't mind changing lens for it, and I do prefer doing more portrait for my wife. And is 28-75 better for portrait or the 17-50? And I'm using kx which have a 1.5x crop

speedfactory said:
But for landscaping I still have my kit lens 18-55. I won't mind changing lens for it, and I do prefer doing more portrait for my wife. And is 28-75 better for portrait or the 17-50? And I'm using kx which have a 1.5x crop

the 2875 is much better for portraiture over the 1750.

Most situation , it easier to step forward then backward (something blocking u).
Beside the different of 50 to 75 is not that much as compare to 28mm to 17mm
Last , it's easier to crop using 50mm to achieve 75mm (field of view) more then to stitch using 28 to get 17mm (field of view)

Above point only for FOV different as IQ for both lens are quite similar and nothing much to compare.

But of cos if you have a 18-55mm , 18mm f3.5 vs 17mm f2.8 is not much , but the sharpest is different unless u willing to stop down the kit .

My 1st lens (others then my kit) is 17-50mm. But I still keep 18-55wr for Wr purpose .

Just my personal view of this 2 lens :)

Why not use a prime for portraits? Like the DA50/1.8 or even the DA40/DA70?

Thanks all for your advise I would decided on the 17-50mm, as supersimon said its easier to corp using 50mm to 75 than to stitch 28 to 17.
And as Felix enlighten mi, for portrait I still have my 35 f2.4 and 50mm f1.7 to rely on. Thanks

Anyway additional question, can I get the k-3 split focus for slrr? Or somewhere near there

Most ppl will want 'me in front of building X' type shots. So kit lens is pretty fine.
Blur blur backgnd w/ tight FOV, you might as well take at home or botanic gardens :D since no one can tell what is the bkgnd.

If you got the kit lens, actually its already pretty fine for tours.
I find it a bit hard to fully recommend you 28-75 because of the duplication in FL from 28-50mm.
But for a fast f2.8 zoom with very usable FL, its one of the best for the price.

Most ppl will want 'me in front of building X' type shots. So kit lens is pretty fine.
Blur blur backgnd w/ tight FOV, you might as well take at home or botanic gardens :D since no one can tell what is the bkgnd.

Exactly! Especially when you take family or travel photos :)

Exactly! Especially when you take family or travel photos :)

Yeah . Q will be the best for this job :)

Can use wide open and the background still not bokeh away ... Ha

Thanks all for your advise I would decided on the 17-50mm, as supersimon said its easier to corp using 50mm to 75 than to stitch 28 to 17.
And as Felix enlighten mi, for portrait I still have my 35 f2.4 and 50mm f1.7 to rely on. Thanks

Anyway additional question, can I get the k-3 split focus for slrr? Or somewhere near there

K3 slit focus screen or S type screen only from ClubSNAP Photography Forums - ClubSNAP

About 1 week to arrive here and if you not sure how, get one of the gurus here to help