Tamron 17-50 f/2.8...any places with plenty of stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
have sent out quotations to the various shops.

would like to ask if anyone has bought the lens recently and does the shop have plenty of stock for testing before buying?

thanks.

have sent out quotations to the various shops.

would like to ask if anyone has bought the lens recently and does the shop have plenty of stock for testing before buying?

thanks.

A friend of mine got from MS Color in Aug. Can call them instead. 64576380.

got mine in sept from MSC, AFAIK there is no such thing as "plenty of stocks" as far as pentax gear is concerned..if I'm not wrong you will find the non-motorized version

Got mine from MSC also in Aug/Sep. Call before you go.

but do we really need to test?

sample variations between copies.. back/front-focus issues, decentered elements, sharpness, etc.

i don't think you'll find a place that has lots of stock for pentax mount. when i bought mine at OP there were stacks of C/N mount but just 1 for pentax. :(

sample variations between copies.. back/front-focus issues, decentered elements, sharpness, etc.

i don't think you'll find a place that has lots of stock for pentax mount. when i bought mine at OP there were stacks of C/N mount but just 1 for pentax. :(
one stack so there was a few? how many copies you tested before getting a good one?

The last time I saw J3.16 they only had three stocks.One of them was nikon mount.Not sure bout the other 2.When are you getting?I'm getting it on fri at MSC.Hope you pick a good copy.

The last time I saw J3.16 they only had three stocks.One of them was nikon mount.Not sure bout the other 2.When are you getting?I'm getting it on fri at MSC.Hope you pick a good copy.
still waiting for my online quotation to come back from MSC. Been 2 days now.....you might want to give them a call in case they have no stock if you are getting pentax mount.

the last time i was there ~1 month ago they had 3 or so for pentax mount. there's an updated price on this lens in the price guide

the last time i was there ~1 month ago they had 3 or so for pentax mount. there's an updated price on this lens in the price guide
wah 3 only ah....not much in the way of choice.

wah 3 only ah....not much in the way of choice.
there's still the second branch.
uk got a lot :bsmilie:
:bsmilie:Flying there just to buy a $600 lens.
still waiting for my online quotation to come back from MSC. Been 2 days now.....you might want to give them a call in case they have no stock if you are getting pentax mount.

Just go in and ask.I got quoted 630 from MSC E-quote.If you cant get that price,just go down to basement and take mrt to cityhall.Plus i think 630 is also walk in price.So i dont see the difference.

My advise is carefully do your research on this lens.

3 is a lot already... you seldom see more than 2 copies for pentax mount...

true, usually PK mount tamrons and sigmas are lonely at the shelf. I checked out sigma 10-20 at ap funan and see only one set available. :)

I was told this was their xxx batch and QA problems should be minimal, however if my copy was unsatisfactory I could go in for replacement (if discover early)..don't quote me for that :dunno:, all the best to TS :)

until now I have no complaints on focusing tho, too noob to test or bother about front/back problems..lol

Last edited:
i`m taking my time. did a couple of jobs which is going into this lens....just pity that if Pentax FF come out, this lens more or less is destined for resale.

i`m taking my time. did a couple of jobs which is going into this lens....just pity that if Pentax FF come out, this lens more or less is destined for resale.

just because FF comes out doesn't mean you have to change to it, especially if the APS-C format serves you fine. :thumbsup:

anyway the tamron 17-50 is a good lens especially for your event use, but i got bored of it eventually. now it's with my brother who is enjoying it like i did at first.

anyway the tamron 17-50 is a good lens especially for your event use, but i got bored of it eventually. now it's with my brother who is enjoying it like i did at first.

Heh, heh but that's because you got newer and nicer toys ah. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.