Tamron 150-600 VC USD

saint

Aug 3, 2016
Singapore
Hi, I'd like to know if any of you Tamron 150-600 users have experienced auto focus problem where the camera detects that the lens is in manual focus mode after zooming in and out even though the switch on the lens is on AF? I'm using a 700D and it's not my body's problem as I have tried it on a 6D and 2 other bodies and all of them on AI Servo, One shot and AI Focus. I have to constantly move the switch from AF to MF then back AF so I can use auto focus. I brought it once to a camera shop at Peninsula and the problem didn't occur so they cleaned my lens and body contacts and the problem didn't occur again until a few days later when I shot sports. I just sent it in to Tamron and they called back to say the problem didn't happen when they used it. Any chance this problem happens on Nikon also? I only knew of the focus hanging but it was fixed in a firmware update a few years back. :(

Nikon mount. Never had this problem on the tamron and mine is the earliest firmware. I once encountered something similar but it was on my 70-200VR2. And it happens on very humid days in the morning. Cleaning the contacts solved the problem for me.

Maybe turn off the focus limiter on the lens if it is on. It could have been set accidentally and thus minimum focus distance is not met.

Last edited:
Maybe turn off the focus limiter on the lens if it is on. It could have been set accidentally and thus minimum focus distance is not met.

It focus fine at all distances, I mostly shoot people that are more than 15m from me.