if i can, what i would be carrying would be:

1) DSLR Body
2) 70-200mm
3) 24-70mm
4) 85mm
5) 11-18mm
6) Accessory Flash
7) Tripod
8) Memory cards/External HDD/Notepad/Pencil Case (the whole shebang of miscellaneous stuff)

these are the bags i'm looking at (i prefer backpacks/haversacks over slingbags)

Tamrac exhibition x7

Tamrac exhibition x8

Naneu 217F

Vanguard Skyborne 53

what are the pros and cons of each brand? i'm into quality and weather-proofing (water resistant and Rain Cover) as i'm a biker.. and also have a bad habit of running around in the rain..

thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
Hmmm... You might wanna take a look at this. Not the model you're eyeing on and the article's dated 2007, but still something noteworthy. I think it says a lot about their workmanship.

I have no input on the others. How about ThinkTank Photo? God, I love their bags. Mine has been to hell and back and still good as new. :)

You should really look at Thinktank stuff. I think the streetwalker or streetwalker pro will fit your gear. Very well built. You can go TK foto at Funan to compare backpacks. Do try to bring all your gear to see how you can fit it in the bag. I think they don't have Naneu bags only

For durability, I will also go for Thinktank.

I've owned some Lowepro, Tamrac, Thinktank, Tenba and Kata. Although none of them ever broke on me, it is very obvious Thinktank offers the best quality.

You should really look at Thinktank stuff. I think the streetwalker or streetwalker pro will fit your gear. Very well built. You can go TK foto at Funan to compare backpacks. Do try to bring all your gear to see how you can fit it in the bag. I think they don't have Naneu bags only

i did check it out, but didn't consider because of the size. it's too small.

For durability, I will also go for Thinktank.

I've owned some Lowepro, Tamrac, Thinktank, Tenba and Kata. Although none of them ever broke on me, it is very obvious Thinktank offers the best quality.

Hmmm... You might wanna take a look at this. Not the model you're eyeing on and the article's dated 2007, but still something noteworthy. I think it says a lot about their workmanship.

I have no input on the others. How about ThinkTank Photo? God, I love their bags. Mine has been to hell and back and still good as new. :)

hmm. i do like the design of the Sahara 217F.

i was at TK Foto yesterday but noticed that most of the models they carry are the large Airport Models. the rest are small bags that can't hold much. might get the airport antidote also. but don't really like the boxy design. and Think Tank are $$$$. by the way i also like hiking.. so bringing the Think Tank into a forest would possibly ruin the exterior?

i did check it out, but didn't consider because of the size. it's too small.

I can fit 6 lenses (one with 82mm filter diameter), 2 bodies (with grip), P-Series filter set, plus a bunch of whole other stuff in my StreetWalker Pro.

hmm. i do like the design of the Sahara 217F.

i was at TK Foto yesterday but noticed that most of the models they carry are the large Airport Models. the rest are small bags that can't hold much. might get the airport antidote also. but don't really like the boxy design. and Think Tank are $$$$. by the way i also like hiking.. so bringing the Think Tank into a forest would possibly ruin the exterior?

You mean by mud and water? There's a raincover included in the backpack.

Just a little something I'd like to share with you: This happened when I was doing street and snatch thieves in a motorbike tried to get lucky.

DSC06867.jpg

They maneuvered close to my bag, grabbed it and sped off. They must've underestimated the weight because the bike wobbled violently and ended with a big crash. I painfully saw my bag skid, tumble, roll and get crushed under the bike. Long story short. Morons apprehended and I gained new respect for ThinkTank.

Until now I load it up like there's no tomorrow. I could almost hear it ask me, "Is that all you got?". :)

Last edited:
Squeak! that's a mighty tough bag you've got there bro!

Streetwalker Pro? but on the website (didn't see it at TK Foto) it's not able to squeeze all inside it.

hmmm. is it a tight squeeze?

Hi! I got myself a Tamrac Expedition 8 recently and haven't fully tested yet, but I just wanna say that it might be a bit too long for you if you are gonna ride it on a bike unless you are above 1.8m. I think an Expedition 7 might be a better choice. Btw, it feels very durable (esp the hard-spined center paddings) and perfectly hugs the waist n shoulders with additional adjustable strap (feels like those hiking backpacks). There's no rain cover tho. You might wanna check out and feel for yourself for better judgement. Just my opinion.

Squeak! that's a mighty tough bag you've got there bro!

Streetwalker Pro? but on the website (didn't see it at TK Foto) it's not able to squeeze all inside it.

hmmm. is it a tight squeeze?

Oh wait. 70-200mm f2.8? That's a fairly long lens. Maybe you can bring your set-up at TK and try fitting some in?

Not a tight squeeze at all. My set-up is A700, A200, PnS or lomo camera, 8mm fisheye, 10-20mm, 18-55mm, 28-105mm f2.8 (big and bulky), 50mm f1.4 and 2 P-series filter holders w/ hood, wireless shutter trigger (2 items), blower, cologne and a small bottle of hand sanitizer. That's in the main compartment alone. It has 6 pockets more outside the body where I put my filter wallets and everything else.

CIMG0354.jpg

crap. i only have time today. the rest of the week i'll be slogging my arse off. so i think i'll head down later to TK Foto again. my gear are all at home. but the websites show what i can put in LOL

crap. i only have time today. the rest of the week i'll be slogging my arse off. so i think i'll head down later to TK Foto again. my gear are all at home. but the websites show what i can put in LOL

Good luck bud. Hope you find that right bag.

ok stuck in the office >.<

called in instead.

TK Foto: Streetwalker Pro ($209), Hard Drive ($239)
SLRR : Naneu Sahara 217F ($225)

ok. darn it.. well done there bros. i'm going for the Streetwalker Harddrive.. tried out the Sahara 217F and realized the material's pretty crappy and the bag's a pain to use.

On my recent trip to japan i had these stuff inside my streetwalker pro. Nikon D3s wif RRS L-plate, 14-24mmf2.8, 24-70mmf2.8, 70-200mmf2.8, SB900, Sigma 50mmf1.4, spare batteries, gary fong collapsible lightsphere, UV-filter, CPL, cleaning stuff, memory cards. And a tripod hanging on e bag. Boy was it heavy and e bag held up. Hope these info helped. I choose this over e harddrive becos e harddrive looks HUGE lol. Really like it very much :thumbsup:

Last edited:
alright guys! i got my Think Tank Streetwalker Harddrive just only :D

love the hardiness!