Tamrac Expedition 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colnago

Mar 4, 2005
Hi,

Am interested to get this model. What do you guys think of it? What's the lowest price I can get for this backpack? I believe its the same size as the Lowepro Micro Trekker? The Tamrac looks impressive though.

Lowepro Micro Trekker 200 about S$90+ Cheap & good...check it out...;)

Colnago said:
Hi,

Am interested to get this model. What do you guys think of it? What's the lowest price I can get for this backpack? I believe its the same size as the Lowepro Micro Trekker? The Tamrac looks impressive though.

yeah. it is. suggest u consider the tamrac expedition 5 bag instead, if u are set on getting tha tamrac. its the same size as the lowepro mini-trekker... tho the tamrac cost ard $200++...

i used to have the micro-trekker, but quickly 'out-grew' the bag. its really really small, and only suitable if u dun intend to buy mid-to-long teles. the mini-trekker was better suited for lenses like 70-200 or 80-200 ranged lenses. in fact, its one of the more popular choices in CS, IMO. so far, in the outings i've been, there will be 2-3 (out of a grp of 6) who's using a mini-trekker.

i'm sold on the tamrac design since i saw the expedition 5 bag. its very well laid out in its interior design. and, unlike the lowepro mini-trekker, u can re-arrange the interior padding anyway u like cos tamrac surround the perimeter inside the bag with velcro (unlike mini-trekker which only have strips of velcro on certain spots).. this allows u to tear out all the linings and re-arrange them according to the length of the lenses and other stuff u're carrying. on empty, the tamrac 5 seems to weigh lighter than the mini-trekker. one nice feature, which i think ALL bags shld have, is the separate and dedicated memory card and battery slots on the tamrac.

the biggest downside of the tamrac tho is the cost... sigh.... if u want, go over to TK Foto at shaw towers (along beach road) and have a look at their collection of tamrac bags. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.