Tamrac Adventure 9 or National Geographic's 5162 (medium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeeT77

Dec 19, 2006
HI:

Has anyone used both of the aforementioned bags? or compared them ? Wanna look for a bag that i can take with me for short trips that can put stuff other than camera equipment...

Important factors are space clothings,stuff/map, barang-barang & laptop... whether it's weatherproof...etc

camera space i'm fine as i don't have alot .....(yet)....

Saw in another thread that the Lowepro's CompuRover AW is over-hyped, so looking for oppinions on the above 2... anyone knows which one has more non-camera stuff space?

thanks in advance!

i using the NG5162...good for one day/night trip to KL and back...

but its damn bloody heavy...u carry for 7hours later then u will start to feel the pain coming in...

Or can consider something more styleo, like a Crumpler. ;p

Or can consider something more styleo, like a Crumpler. ;p

Too many ppl carry liao leh... kinda like a kids schoolbag these days... :dunno:

I did consider that at first... but then... better get one that looks like a proper camera bag.

Too many ppl carry liao leh... kinda like a kids schoolbag these days... :dunno:

I did consider that at first... but then... better get one that looks like a proper camera bag.

Looks like a school bag :thumbsup: mah! then thiefs wun mistaken it for a camera bag! :bsmilie:
Besides, a Crumpler fits the TS' requirements. ;p

if crumper is bad...then lower pro worst...everyone is using...:sweatsm:

Tamrac Adventure is cool but pricy like crumpler.

crumpler's backpack not very common la...still ok

tamrac has wrist support so u can rest ur weight on it. So it should be able to sustain long hours of trekking etc.

If you're talking about distance walking, do consider a wrist support backpack. VEry Very important factor.

tamrac has wrist support so u can rest ur weight on it. So it should be able to sustain long hours of trekking etc.

If you're talking about distance walking, do consider a wrist support backpack. VEry Very important factor.

Waist support you mean??

Can try getting Billingham. Don't think there is a lot out there.

thanks.. but back to my question... comparatively which one provided more space? i'd seen the NG5162 in CP ... but the top portion is somewhat "let down" from the pics i'd seen on the web... there's isn't much "room"... granted, the NG5162 has lots more of external pockets... and the side pouches for waterbottle and tripod...

Haven't seen the tamrac yet... anyone can advise on that? from the tamrac website it doesn't show too much external pockets and doesn't have strap holders to strap on a tripod rite?

If not mistaken from other posts... the tamrac is >$200 but still not much comparable to the 5162 ($190)... would appreciate anyone who can give hands-on experience ... thanks alot !

thanks.. but back to my question... comparatively which one provided more space? i'd seen the NG5162 in CP ... but the top portion is somewhat "let down" from the pics i'd seen on the web... there's isn't much "room"... granted, the NG5162 has lots more of external pockets... and the side pouches for waterbottle and tripod...

Haven't seen the tamrac yet... anyone can advise on that? from the tamrac website it doesn't show too much external pockets and doesn't have strap holders to strap on a tripod rite?

If not mistaken from other posts... the tamrac is >$200 but still not much comparable to the 5162 ($190)... would appreciate anyone who can give hands-on experience ... thanks alot !

Try going down to TK Foto and have a 1st hand, hands-on feel for what you like. ;)

Try going down to TK Foto and have a 1st hand, hands-on feel for what you like. ;)

i agree...go down try the bag yourself...TK Foto have quite a few bags...

cool... TK Foto it is....

HI:

Has anyone used both of the aforementioned bags? or compared them ? Wanna look for a bag that i can take with me for short trips that can put stuff other than camera equipment...

Important factors are space clothings,stuff/map, barang-barang & laptop... whether it's weatherproof...etc

camera space i'm fine as i don't have alot .....(yet)....

Saw in another thread that the Lowepro's CompuRover AW is over-hyped, so looking for oppinions on the above 2... anyone knows which one has more non-camera stuff space?

thanks in advance!

I have got a Brand New Tamrac 5618 Turbo CyberPro Camera Bag to let.
http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i::221378340
:thumbsup:

u can go to Pro camera shop at plaza singapura ..they carry full range of Tamrac. frendly sales personnel too...

thx, do they have the NG 5162 there too? as to do a side by side comparison? cost wise are they competitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.