Tamiya R/C car race shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

r32

Dec 31, 2002
Singapore
The 2004 Tamiya Asia Cup local qualifying series kicks off this Sunday at the Nacos Raceway. This is a purpose built track for 1/10th scale radio control car racing located in northern Singapore. Admissions is free for spectators.

Racing usually begins at 10am, though racers become trickling in from 8am onwards. The races usually end late afternoon.

I will most probably be there. Give a shout out if anyone happens to drop by.

Recommended items are cameras with long focal lengths because of the relatively small size of the cars, and fast shutter speed (upward of 1/500s). Lighting is usually sufficient but you might want to bring a fill flash to supplement things a little.

Just a disclaimer:

This post is for information purposes and does not constitute to me organizing a shoot, and thus I shall not be held liable for any incidental damage or injury sustained by anyone attending this event.

This is the location map:

[edited by Darren: Map removed as it is in contravention of copyrights owned by Street Directory. If you have obtained permission from Street Directory to display this particular map, please forward to us before re-linking the image.]

OT abit... my other hobby is in RC cars....
this race only for Tamiya r/c car owners to participate?

It is electrics only.

It is next to the main road that passes by the old SAF Nee Soon Camp. The nearest MRT is probably Yishun. Or Yio Chu Kang. Get a cab from there, it'll probably not be too costly.

wooo ...... maybe I should bring my GTR Skyline... :devil:

Sausage said:
How do we get there?
TIBS 169 from AMK MRT/INT; 167/980 from Macritchie Res (towards thomson)

hi r32, apart from this sunday, is there such activity every other weekend? well i stay just a couple of minutes away but can't make it tomorrow. would like 2 go take a look some other day though.

btw, from AMK mrt can also take bus 138. it's just somewhere after the springleaf garden junction ... u can see Han's restaurant nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.