Tamiya mini 4WD cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Was watching some folks taking part in the Tamiya 4WD competition in Expo Hall 4 today. I am wondering, do the participants use rechargeable batteries? From what I noticed, they were using normal alkaline batteries. Aren't rechargeable batteries more cost effective and offer better performance than normal batteries?

Any mini 4WD enthusiasts out there able to comment?

TIA. :)

Was watching some folks taking part in the Tamiya 4WD competition in Expo Hall 4 today. I am wondering, do the participants use rechargeable batteries? From what I noticed, they were using normal alkaline batteries. Aren't rechargeable batteries more cost effective and offer better performance than normal batteries?

Those little cars? I used to have them when i was young. Alkaline batts works better. Dunno why the cars are faster when used with certain brand of alkaline batts.

Thats all i know.

I think they were given out during competitions. I remembered participating back many years ago :bsmilie: My cars are still somewhere inside some box in my room..not sure if they're still runnable :confused:

as i remember , use rechargable battery the car run faster , different battery brand and type also different. And if use the black motor then must use rechargeable batt. So long....

hmm.. i still have mine. :bsmilie: i think there's a difference in voltage.. the sanyo rechargables have 1.3 volts only. normal batt is 1.5 volts.

rechargables have less voltage, so the cars tends to run slower.

remembered once I tried to plug in the 9V types... :sweat:

I remember when I play last time, the competitions all require the contestants to use a specific battery, to ensure fairness.

Or something like that. But that was almost 8 years ago...

Ah! So now I get it! The voltage! Thanks to all who replied.

I also noticed that there were many who mentioned that they have a car stashed somewhere. Wah! So many 'retired' 4WD racers here? ;)

alkaline batteries some how more power than rechargeables. and last time the races are sponsored by energizer so can only use their batteries.

my cars not around anymore. used to have a vanquish, advante and terrascorcher 17yrs ago. :lovegrin:

i used to race them with my friends too.

and yes, standard batteries have a higher voltage. if u've ever tried pluggint a 9V battery into your car, u win every race no matter which motor u or they have hahah ;) ;)

Haha I still have a few cars lying around in the room.. I used rechargables though, cause most of the money would have gone to the car parts ;p Cheaper in the long run..

i used to race them with my friends too.

and yes, standard batteries have a higher voltage. if u've ever tried pluggint a 9V battery into your car, u win every race no matter which motor u or they have hahah ;) ;)

you'd most probably blow up the motor :bsmilie:

the rule is to use their batteries provided

Yeap, quite alot of retired racers lurking ...

Got 2 of them - Avante Special Edition and Egress Black Special ...

Don't really fancy the newer cars.

Still remember the "Hyper Dash" motors... and modding the motors to make the car go faster (against competition rules) :bsmilie:

Wahseh retired drivers.

If you seen a modified Big Wig chasis or tiger-striped wire meshed canopy avante 2001, racing at Sasaki , that would be me. Hehe. Got disqualified twice, once for catching up with the slowest car, mounting and flying off the track, the other for modifying motor (when they outlawed us geeks for hacking motors...hahaa)

Always bring my tamiya cars for competitions when young hehe. Got non-modded and modded engine category race.

Here is a shot of the track at the competition yesterday (9 Sep.) at Expo Hall 4.

09092007056copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.