TAMERON 17-50mm export set ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cytan

Jun 4, 2008
Bendemeer
Hi Guys,

I was intending to buy the TAMERON 17-50 f2.8 yesterday and found out that some are export set with 1 year dealer warranty only while another set was with local 3 years warrently by agent.

Like to check with you guys have anyone bought the export set before ? :)

Hi Guys,

I was intending to buy the TAMERON 17-50 f2.8 yesterday and found out that some are export set with 1 year dealer warranty only while another set was with local 3 years warrently by agent.

Like to check with you guys have anyone bought the export set before ? :)

I bought this same model from online DealUSeek (based in Singapore, Australia and Hong Kong) last May but no warranty for me. Best way is to take care of it during a year.

so it's okay to buy export set? Is it cheaper than import sets?

It's cheaper than import set but not really by a BIG margin.....probably about $30 - $50..
IF you think u need the 3 yrs warranty then go for import !

It's cheaper than import set but not really by a BIG margin.....probably about $30 - $50..
IF you think u need the 3 yrs warranty then go for import !

Thanks Guys for the info, think i will go for the local 3 years warranty. :cool:

Thanks Guys for the info, think i will go for the local 3 years warranty. :cool:

Well just take note that for servicing and repair, local agent need to sent it back to Japan...

Heard probably will take a month or so for the lens to be serviced in Japan right ? Dont they have any tech's who service in sin ? "p

how much is the price difference?
When i bought mine 1 year ago, it was about a hundred bucks difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.