talking about cheating shops...

Status
Not open for further replies.
mervlam said:
please get ur facts right and stop acting smart!

too many coincidences don't make a better explanation. why isn't the wiring running on the counter, but has to drop to the floor, through the box, and up to the tv? and there has to be a switch of some form on the floor?

mervlam, you're the smartest one around here, so i hope you can explain how a WA can amplify light output from a videocamera, because i sure can't explain it myself.

Azure, don't worry, I will pop by the place to "look see look see" again. i may tip STB off first that i suspect something is going on there. i will act with caution :)

A modern day Don Quixote wannabe, that's what you are, sehsuan.

sehsuan said:
too many coincidences don't make a better explanation. why isn't the wiring running on the counter, but has to drop to the floor, through the box, and up to the tv? and there has to be a switch of some form on the floor?

mervlam, you're the smartest one around here, so i hope you can explain how a WA can amplify light output from a videocamera, because i sure can't explain it myself.

Azure, don't worry, I will pop by the place to "look see look see" again. i may tip STB off first that i suspect something is going on there. i will act with caution :)

Hrm, from all the posts that you have made, it shows clearly that you are just some egoistic spoilt attention seeker, who likes to make your own assumptions, and blow up whenever anyone point out any mistakes made. Just to name a few,

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=28522
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=28503
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=37341
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=44852
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=43979&page=2

Too many coincidences don't make a better explanation?

Mervlam made some correction to your assumptions, and you straight away made that statement,

"mervlam, you're the smartest one around here.."

Do we need a EEE PhD holder to make the same statement?

Just like your "tcs still as jialat" thread, don't see any purpose in making this post at all. You have no facts, no names, no evidence, nothing, just your own assumptions, some misleading facts, and showing how well you respect our STB staffs.

:nono:

mervlam said:
after two years studying in a EEE course, i didnt know that such a "device" that you describe can work in the situation u just describe... dont assume what's inside the box... it could be electronics instead of "simple resistors"

signals are amplified by amplifiers... not reducing voltage by "bypassing" resistors....

please get ur facts right and stop acting smart!

Strange, you ask people not to assume what's inside the box, but you think it could be electronics. isn't "could be" an assumption? and by assuming it electronic doesn't make you "less supid". of course electronics la, who would think the box with wire across is a candy box. You implying resistors are not part electronics?

are you really EEE grad? you know whats is EEE, huh? dun xia suay ntu le. stop acting smarter than you truely are, mr nut. oops its mr ntu.

Goldmember said:
Strange, you ask people not to assume what's inside the box, but you think it could be electronics. isn't "could be" an assumption? and by assuming it electronic doesn't make you "less supid". of course electronics la, who would think the box with wire across is a candy box. You implying resistors are not part electronics?

are you really EEE grad? you know whats is EEE, huh? dun xia suay ntu le. stop acting smarter than you truely are, mr nut. oops its mr ntu.

nice one
some people here really need this kind of remark :bsmilie:

If there's any suspicion, why not confront the salesman on the spot instead of snapping a secret shot and scratching your head so hard and then think about the negative implications involved? If there are any problems or dissatisfaction, I find it best to just settle it there and then. People will often listen and maybe even admit to their mistakes if you speak with them in the right manner. If they are aggressive, then you have a case to lodge a complaint.

YSLee said:
A modern day Don Quixote wannabe, that's what you are, sehsuan.

who is this Don Quixote? even the name trips me up. :(

kiwi2, you've got a point there. will heed the advice and try to pop down to confirm the device's usage when i have the time. :)

mervlam, EEE or not, i'm not a university student. i only have diploma, apologies for not understanding what you were trying to imply.

Stylus, if you intend to dig up old stuff, go ahead. do you want to dig out for my birthplace, and information and so on? as for the earlier statement to mervlam, it's indeed because i'm not from a university, and most probably never will, that's why i said he should be the smartest. if he isn't, what is he doing in ntu? somemore, he's in there for 2 years now, as he said, so if he's not smart, he's out already. one of my close pals is in there for 3 years now, and doesn't have the luck - he will need to be retained for at least a year for his repeat modules... :dunno:

Stylus C34 said:
Hrm, from all the posts that you have made, it shows clearly that you are just some egoistic spoilt attention seeker, who likes to make your own assumptions, and blow up whenever anyone point out any mistakes made. Just to name a few,

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=28522
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=28503
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=37341
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=44852
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=43979&page=2

Too many coincidences don't make a better explanation?

Mervlam made some correction to your assumptions, and you straight away made that statement,

"mervlam, you're the smartest one around here.."

Do we need a EEE PhD holder to make the same statement?

Just like your "tcs still as jialat" thread, don't see any purpose in making this post at all. You have no facts, no names, no evidence, nothing, just your own assumptions, some misleading facts, and showing how well you respect our STB staffs.

:nono:

yeapp... read thru his thread when he complained abt his dad not letting him use the 10D. how immature.. as others noted.

went to his blog...
saw this comment he made abt some soul who commited sucide.
"someone skydived from my block today without a parachute. apparently dived down from the 11th storey. ouch."
how insensitive... as I noted.

10Der said:
went to his blog...
"someone skydived from my block today without a parachute. apparently dived down from the 11th storey. ouch."

:eek:

:rolleyes:

10Der said:
yeapp... read thru his thread when he complained abt his dad not letting him use the 10D. how immature.. as others noted.

went to his blog...
how insensitive... as I noted.

Skydived without a parachute?

:rolleyes:

;(

Hiee....

Looks like of this is one of the tricks of the trade.....

I once accompanied one collegue who wanted to get a video cam from SLS.....

this guy showed us these and that....and showed us how "the" videocam can do super macro even with shadow blocking the subject....

He used a $10 note and showed us the positionof the videocam at 5mm from the dollar note......and he said....." See ...even i block off the light the image is still very bright on the video monitor.....Yes it surely is bright....was amused for 1 second.....BUT..the next moment....then i highlighted to my friend...tha the dollar note is directly on the glass panel show case and the light from the shop is actually lighting the money from the back!!!!!!!!

Shucks!!!!!.......

Well as for Sehsuan's assumption.....i dont see why is it not possible to have such contraption to change the brightness of the video....as far as most analog brighness or contrast adjustment on a monitor is achieved (user adjustable) are basically turning potentiometers (variable resistors)....The footswitch may just be a trigger to pulse...a nother circuit to switch to and from a customised circuitry....- an EE point of view...

Hehe....the sswitch in the photo looks like my BOSS guitar effect pedal....maybe it helps to change the salesmans's voice.... ;)

rgds.....
me

Goldmember said:

oops.. shot myself in my foot... so what??

yes, resistors are part of electronics, ok? happy now? dont everyone make mistakes?

Yes, i'm an EEE undergrad... so?? even if i xia suay NTU, that's my business.. not a concern of yours. thanks for your concern anyway...

sulhan said:
as far as most analog brighness or contrast adjustment on a monitor is achieved (user adjustable) are basically turning potentiometers (variable resistors)....

potentiometers being part of an amplifier's circuit...
anyway, most modern day potentiometers are actually draws from the variable resistance of the output characteristics of transistors (electronics, or ICs)

sehsuan said:
as for the earlier statement to mervlam, it's indeed because i'm not from a university, and most probably never will, that's why i said he should be the smartest. if he isn't, what is he doing in ntu? somemore, he's in there for 2 years now, as he said, so if he's not smart, he's out already. one of my close pals is in there for 3 years now, and doesn't have the luck - he will need to be retained for at least a year for his repeat modules... :dunno:

how sacarstic!! thanks for reminding me to be consistent with my studies..

here i'm trying to correct your mistakes and, wow, what a reply i got...

Hi Guys....

Lets not make this thread a "war zone". Lets respects each others views and lets be weary and help our other friends that are not aware of the tricks of the trades in some shops here and be extra careful.....

regards,
me

Besides foot switches, lights from the back, mouldy parts, & so on... There are a lot more tricks up their sleeves... :devil:

Best bet is still come CS, ask any qns here, know the price, & go down to a shop recommended by CSers, get what you want for a reasonable price, & leave...

mervlam, is there anything wrong with mentioning the fate of my close buddy who's in Com Engineering who had not-so-good grades resulting from the mistake of having too much fun when he just got into NTU? not trying to be sarcastic here, but please leave me the agony of electronics stuff. i got lost in the Sec 4 physics AND, NAND, XOR, XOR gates and i was banging my head trying to figure out how how many NAND gates can be used to form any other gates... :what:

sulhan, actually what you mentioned, also reminded me of another funny thing my dad told me in the past: salesmen selling fans in a shopping centre.

"isn't this fan cool or what?" little did the blur customer realize that the whole environment was air-conditioned... :bsmilie:

yeah stick to the topic... no pt getting personal every time... *yawn* contaminate every thread...
a lot of heat nowadays ah? too much time on our hands? first dissing 300D then now going OT..

it's quite obvious the box on the floor is not a telephone extension, nor a wawa pedal or an aircon switch, maybe sehsuan u wanna post a 100% crop of the switch. :D

I can stand people who are impetuous, but not people who try to act holier-than-thou (not you merv, you're also hotheaded, hehe)

here you are, good suggestion, denizenx. :thumbsup:
03-09-20-crop.jpg

the wiring on the left is the one that connects direct to the videocamera, the one on the right leading out from the box is the one connected to the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.