Talking about Blacklisted shop..... I kenna vulgarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzOn3

Jul 12, 2003
Singapore
www.nig3l.com
Wha lau!! today went to SLS.. then went to this shop. Newly open. Inside cameras all place nice nice. Shop interior decor very nice! Like some "prime and proper" shop. I go in and ask how much is their CF card reader, $35. :eek:

Nvm, then i go on in and see still got what other stuffs that i might be able to get.. Don't have.. So i proceeded to make my way out. Ah, the Canon EOS 300V caught my eye.. So i thought should be harmless if i asked how much it was right? So i went "eh uncle ar, your 300V how much??" He replied "$690." then walked away before i could ask anymore.. So i said, "ah thanks" then walked out ar.. Then when we were going down the escalator, my friend heard them say "hong kan". I don't know what it means, but i know it's a hokkien vulgarity..

Anyway, the shop is not hard to spot.. Cameras, rather small shop.. Come up from first level, turn left, most prolly can see. It's not hard to notice. The shop name is "darxxxx photo".. Just thought i'd let you all know..

BEWARE! :angry: ;(

OzOn3 said:
Wha lau!! today went to SLS.. then went to this shop. Newly open. Inside cameras all place nice nice. Shop interior decor very nice! Like some "prime and proper" shop. I go in and ask how much is their CF card reader, $35. :eek:

Nvm, then i go on in and see still got what other stuffs that i might be able to get.. Don't have.. So i proceeded to make my way out. Ah, the Canon EOS 300V caught my eye.. So i thought should be harmless if i asked how much it was right? So i went "eh uncle ar, your 300V how much??" He replied "$690." then walked away before i could ask anymore.. So i said, "ah thanks" then walked out ar.. Then when we were going down the escalator, my friend heard them say "hong kan". I don't know what it means, but i know it's a hokkien vulgarity..

Anyway, the shop is not hard to spot.. Cameras, rather small shop.. Come up from first level, turn left, most prolly can see. It's not hard to notice. The shop name is "darxxxx photo".. Just thought i'd let you all know..

Hi there,
before you get angry first.are they talking about you and your friend or may be when you and your friend about to step out of the shop,they will just joking of something.

Joe :embrass:

Oh, from the tone my friend mimicked, it doesn't sound like joking..

Well, for one, walking away from customers not very nice right?

this type of language is spoken by majority of the sales staff in SLS, so it could be part of their casual conversation to each other. don't lose sleep over it, just accept that it's the culture there. do you own research, know where to buy what at what price, then get out of there, no point wishing for impeccable service in a place where it's rarer than a 1Ds.

Hahaha.. Don't worry, won't lose sleep one..

But bad customer service is a :nono:
:D

wacko said:
this type of language is spoken by majority of the sales staff in SLS, so it could be part of their casual conversation to each other. don't lose sleep over it, just accept that it's the culture there. do you own research, know where to buy what at what price, then get out of there, no point wishing for impeccable service in a place where it's rarer than a 1Ds.
The 'HK' word is indeed not very nice.

Even if they are not referring to the customer, uttering vulgarities within earshot of customers is very bad image for the shop.

Other no no, include quarreling among staff and showing your displeasure by slamming down phone, or slamming shut cardboard/cabinet doors loudly.

Winston said:
The 'HK' word is indeed not very nice.

Even if they are not referring to the customer, uttering vulgarities within earshot of customers is very bad image for the shop.

Other no no, include quarreling among staff and showing your displeasure by slamming down phone, or slamming shut cardboard/cabinet doors loudly.

:thumbsup:

You make a good sales person :heart:

:bsmilie:

OzOn3 said:

Hi there,
did you and your friend go back to the shop and find out about it or did you went to make a report to police?

Joe

OzOn3 said:

I am not in sales, though can be considered under the 'service' sector.

I have to smile at customers who speak bad things abt my company and blame you for things which are not even under your control...

That's part and parcel of the 'service' sector, if you can't keep your cool with bad customers then you are not suitable to be in the service industry.

While I don't expect "impeccable service" or even niceties like "Welcome, Thank You...etc" to be dished out at SLS shops.
As a paying customer, I do expect to be treated with politeness and patience if I take longer than usual to decide on a product.

Because electronics are not like 7-11's stuff, in which you enter, pick up and queue to pay.

Go back? For what? To find trouble? I initally wanted to. But the better side of me forbided. Well, one less quarrel = one less bruise. Need to make a police report meh? So serious meh?

OzOn3 said:
Go back? For what? To find trouble? I initally wanted to. But the better side of me forbided. Well, one less quarrel = one less bruise. Need to make a police report meh? So serious meh?
I agree.
It's a comsumer's market out there.

I won't bother to give the shop a 2nd chance to "clarify" themselves.

There are so many shops out there vying for the consumer dollar, if you don't get good service than MAKE THE SWITCH and look for another.

Why bother go back and ask "Excuse me but are you referring to me when you said 'HK'?"

If they don't treat you like a customer than they don't deserve you spending time and money on them.

OzOn3 said:

they say something not very nice and over hear it.why not?
or you talk to the boss over there and reason out with them not using your hand to wack them.Ask them why.You just asking for the price of the item only mah you did nothing wrong.Asking price would kill you

Wha.. Like that a lot of people will get reported to police loh..

Thanks anyway :D

OzOn3 said:
Wha.. Like that a lot of people will get reported to police loh..

Thanks anyway :D

why not.you did nothing wrong in the first place ask price cannot meh.Which shop did you and your friends went to?

I think it's not very nice to name it here.. I'll PM you the shop name :D

maybe the guy accidentally drop a lens and he just exclaimed "Hon Kan".
its like most people sometimes just walk walk, then suddenly remember something tht he forgot, and unknowingly exclaimed "shit".

"Hon Kan" and "shit" have the same weightage. so dun be too sensitive

2 things to note:

1) Most shops in SLS don't provide good customer service. Some give 'good' price though. So if you expect 'better' service at 'reasonable' price, try elsewhere for your photography equipment.

2) As for the HK thing, it may or may not be directing at you, so just forget it.

OzOn3 said:

joe said:
why not.you did nothing wrong in the first place ask price cannot meh.Which shop did you and your friends went to?

I think apart from HK and all that, shops should list their prices or put price tags on their items. Some will say that doing this will prohibit cheaper prices. But then again, we all know that ppl can bargain for lower prices even is there's a price tag there. I mean, it saves consumers like us from wasting time asking about the price and the valuable times of shopkeepers who would be making better time selling their goods. Also prevents us from being sweared at.

Honestly this happened to me when i was inquiring about prices for some electronic items. The guy thot i wanted to buy but when i said thank you and just wanted to know the price, he gave me a sour face and muttered vulgarities under his breath...i mean come on, i already said that i wanted to inquire prices not buy them....sheesh

Status
Not open for further replies.