Talk about "feature-rich"...

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
Panasonic TS3:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1101/11012511panasonicts3.asp

"built-in GPS, altimeter, barometer and a compass. It sports a new body design and and better waterproofing upto depths of 12m as against 10m of its predecessor the TS2. Like the TS2 it is also dustproof, shockproof against a drop of up to 2m, and freezeproof down to -10°C."

What's the barometer for??? They forgot smoke and CO detector...

and the geiger counter feature too..

wow..one camera to rule it all..

quite good for adventurers.

Panasonic TS3:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1101/11012511panasonicts3.asp

"built-in GPS, altimeter, barometer and a compass. It sports a new body design and and better waterproofing upto depths of 12m as against 10m of its predecessor the TS2. Like the TS2 it is also dustproof, shockproof against a drop of up to 2m, and freezeproof down to -10°C."

What's the barometer for??? They forgot smoke and CO detector...

Barometer is to alert you of upcoming bad weather...

If i am going the places that need all those proofing, it would have to be an AA battery camera. Even a battle tank is just a heavy paperweight without gasoline.

If i am going the places that need all those proofing, it would have to be an AA battery camera. Even a battle tank is just a heavy paperweight without gasoline.

yes, agree.. at least tripleA.. Yes, barometer for what?:p so now other than the exact location of where the photo is taken, we also have the exact altitude.. Nice..

I'm pretty impressed with all the 'meters' that this camera can offer. My next question will be 'Are they accurate?' =)

Interesting stuffs in a small package. the GPS is probably much more useful for me. I hope inbuilt GPS trickles into future DSLRs. .

Ryan

Interesting stuffs in a small package. the GPS is probably much more useful for me. I hope inbuilt GPS trickles into future DSLRs. .

Ryan

Is the A55 the only one that has it so far? I thought Pentax was planning on introducing it soon too

Is the A55 the only one that has it so far? I thought Pentax was planning on introducing it soon too

I hope the GPS function will not drain the batteries in the same way as the dedicated GPS receivers / trackers do. So far the biggest turn off for me.

I`m just wondering how much would it cost to replace the waterproof seals of the camera as its a consummable part or does the warranty cover that as well.