Talk about "feature-rich"...

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
Panasonic TS3:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1101/11012511panasonicts3.asp

"built-in GPS, altimeter, barometer and a compass. It sports a new body design and and better waterproofing upto depths of 12m as against 10m of its predecessor the TS2. Like the TS2 it is also dustproof, shockproof against a drop of up to 2m, and freezeproof down to -10°C."

What's the barometer for??? They forgot smoke and CO detector...

clioboy

May 25, 2008
and the geiger counter feature too..

wow..one camera to rule it all..

quite good for adventurers.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Panasonic TS3:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1101/11012511panasonicts3.asp

"built-in GPS, altimeter, barometer and a compass. It sports a new body design and and better waterproofing upto depths of 12m as against 10m of its predecessor the TS2. Like the TS2 it is also dustproof, shockproof against a drop of up to 2m, and freezeproof down to -10°C."

What's the barometer for??? They forgot smoke and CO detector...
Barometer is to alert you of upcoming bad weather...

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
If i am going the places that need all those proofing, it would have to be an AA battery camera. Even a battle tank is just a heavy paperweight without gasoline.

bayusuputra

Sep 24, 2009
SG_ID
www.flickr.com
If i am going the places that need all those proofing, it would have to be an AA battery camera. Even a battle tank is just a heavy paperweight without gasoline.
yes, agree.. at least tripleA.. Yes, barometer for what?:p so now other than the exact location of where the photo is taken, we also have the exact altitude.. Nice..

bruggink

Jul 2, 2008
I'm pretty impressed with all the 'meters' that this camera can offer. My next question will be 'Are they accurate?' =)

giantcanopy

Feb 11, 2007
SG
Interesting stuffs in a small package. the GPS is probably much more useful for me. I hope inbuilt GPS trickles into future DSLRs. .

Ryan

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Interesting stuffs in a small package. the GPS is probably much more useful for me. I hope inbuilt GPS trickles into future DSLRs. .

Ryan
Is the A55 the only one that has it so far? I thought Pentax was planning on introducing it soon too

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Is the A55 the only one that has it so far? I thought Pentax was planning on introducing it soon too
I hope the GPS function will not drain the batteries in the same way as the dedicated GPS receivers / trackers do. So far the biggest turn off for me.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
I`m just wondering how much would it cost to replace the waterproof seals of the camera as its a consummable part or does the warranty cover that as well.