Taking Wedding photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjory

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Hi, how do normal wedding photographers take the actual day wedding photographs, i.e. the groom fetch the bride, the sabos by sisters, the wedding dinner.

My question is, since you want to achieve the best shot, isn't it going to be quite troublesome keep changing the shutter speed, aperture, EV etc.?

Do they actually preset something like for indoor taking, wedding dinner taking? Isn't it slow if he is going to keep changing the settings for optimum output but say for wedding dinner where there is alot of tables to be taken with the bride and groom then won't it take a while to adjust and shoot when people are all waiting?

Do wedding photographers normally use P or Auto functions?

1. Who said they are trying to achieve the best shot?

2. What does the best shot have to do with the shutter speed and aperture? With modern cameras, correct exposure is almost a given. Composition, timing, creativity, lighting, etc. are far far more important in making a memorable shot.

I think wedding photographers should know exposure and their camera well enough to do it quickly and acheive the results they want.
They are professional! Exposure is only one thing, all the other factors as pointed out by waileong are just as important.

Just did a wedding coverage last weekend; and as advised by a pro, wedding pictures is about getting the shot. Knowing the controls/knobs for quick adjustment is very important.

Used manual mode all the way. Did not had to rely on dynamic or group focus. A quick tweak on the WB based on lighting would be useful too!

Hi, how do normal wedding photographers take the actual day wedding photographs, i.e. the groom fetch the bride, the sabos by sisters, the wedding dinner.

My question is, since you want to achieve the best shot, isn't it going to be quite troublesome keep changing the shutter speed, aperture, EV etc.?

Do they actually preset something like for indoor taking, wedding dinner taking? Isn't it slow if he is going to keep changing the settings for optimum output but say for wedding dinner where there is alot of tables to be taken with the bride and groom then won't it take a while to adjust and shoot when people are all waiting?
Nikon D2X and Canon 1DMKII all have P and A mode, you can use any of this camera shoot with P or A mode.

you can shoot in raw, than later in photoshop adjust, adjust and adjust, crop, crop and crop.

Nikon D2X and Canon 1DMKII all have P and A mode, you can use any of this camera shoot with P or A mode.

you can shoot in raw, than later in photoshop adjust, adjust and adjust, crop, crop and crop.

Btw... it's A for aperture and not Auto...

izit??

all along I tot P stands for Professional,
A stands for Advance
S stands for Superb
M stands for Master

You must be the Master liao...

I only at Advance level... :bsmilie:

You can use the Wedding mode on most DSLR denoted by the letter-W on the dial

20D_dial_W_mode.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.