Taking Street Potraits

dougs

Jun 7, 2010
Is it generally ok to ask people on the streets to take posed pictures? Have you guys asked before?

Will be travelling, was wonder if people in Japan are receptive to having their photos taken?

Please try a search for "street photography". You'll find lots of information.

If you're looking for street protraits, you can try a search with the correct spelling.

Is it generally ok to ask people on the streets to take posed pictures? Have you guys asked before?

Will be travelling, was wonder if people in Japan are receptive to having their photos taken?

Depends on the country actually, not sure about a Japan but in Thailand if you ask them and be friendly about it, they usually will agree.

You can refer to the street and candid section in this forum to check out. Yes u can ask them to pose for you. Depends on the aims you are getting to achieve. I never ask them for posing before, i love to take them unaware, spontaneous.

Japanese are generally fine the last i went Hokkaido. But there will definitely be folks who gets irritated

Ryan

most of the time after the shot, if they look at you, just give them a smile and say thank you . . . ;)

most people won't mind their photos being taken actually.

Please try a search for "street photography". You'll find lots of information.

If you're looking for street protraits, you can try a search with the correct spelling.

Hi Bro Rashkae,
Is it done on purpose or have you got it wrong also?;)
Cheers.
LEW

use a longer lens!

Hi Bro Rashkae,
Is it done on purpose or have you got it wrong also?;)
Cheers.
LEW

Done on purpose. I use the spell-checker in Firefox. ;)

thanks for tips...

apologies la, my engrish sibei jialats la.. bo tak chek

Japanese are very friendly.. at least those in Hokkaido. Once I was trying to capture a group of old workers chopping wood naturally, I was caught by them and.... they all posed for me. :D

just make sure, you do not ask yakuza to pose for you ...

yeah.... i shot alot pretty gals the also......friendly too.......:bsmilie: